Adding to Driver Database, and Recommended Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I began using Bassbox many years ago as my primary software for modeling speakers, and have yet to explore alternatives. Reapproaching this now after a few years, I'm curious what suggestions others may have on top software to work in, and a very specific question: how can one reliably obtain a complete database of drivers from Tangband and SEAS? Thanks in advance....

There was a web site with Thiel/Small parameters of a large number of drivers. If you search you should find it.
With the published specs of Tangband and Seas on their web site , you can plug them into Bass Box and calculate all the other parameters.

But then you may have already found out that published specs do not always match well with measured performance . However some brands do come quite close.

Bass Box and Xover are still useful. You do get more complex crossover designing software but they are far more expensive. Like LspCad etc.

I often find when plugging in T/S parameters, that a few parameters Bass Box asks for are often missing from the info provided by the manufacturer. Bass Box deduces what those parameters are, or should be, from the available ones given and works with those - but I tend to wonder if this is optimal. Perhaps a list of absolute essential parameters vs non-essential ones would be useful, though I suspect this will depend on the application.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.