Adding to Driver Database, and Recommended Software - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2013, 11:57 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Adding to Driver Database, and Recommended Software

I began using Bassbox many years ago as my primary software for modeling speakers, and have yet to explore alternatives. Reapproaching this now after a few years, I'm curious what suggestions others may have on top software to work in, and a very specific question: how can one reliably obtain a complete database of drivers from Tangband and SEAS? Thanks in advance....
Old 15th April 2013, 02:58 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

There was a web site with Thiel/Small parameters of a large number of drivers. If you search you should find it.
With the published specs of Tangband and Seas on their web site , you can plug them into Bass Box and calculate all the other parameters.

But then you may have already found out that published specs do not always match well with measured performance . However some brands do come quite close.

Bass Box and Xover are still useful. You do get more complex crossover designing software but they are far more expensive. Like LspCad etc.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:04 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I often find when plugging in T/S parameters, that a few parameters Bass Box asks for are often missing from the info provided by the manufacturer. Bass Box deduces what those parameters are, or should be, from the available ones given and works with those - but I tend to wonder if this is optimal. Perhaps a list of absolute essential parameters vs non-essential ones would be useful, though I suspect this will depend on the application.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

BassBox gives you the option of using a full set of parameters or the simpler version with less data. Don't remember where that was. Possibly under Driver parameters. It will cut the data down to the most important ones. Check it out.

Hide this!Advertise here!