A free open source Labview Loudspeaker Test Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to share my Labview based loudspeaker test software. It includes below functions:

Frequency response measurement
Impedance measurement
Impulse response by MLS excitation
2nd and 3rd harmonic THD sine swept
Calibration

Here is the link:
alvis-labview-loudspeaker-test - Labview Loudspeaker Test - Google Project Hosting

If you have any opinion or any idea, feel free to email me. If you find something wrong in my program, you are welcome to tell me too.

Thanks.
Alvis

If you could integrate a good resolution waterfall CSD function and the ability to measure the 4th to 6th orders of distortion, they would be great as well. Something that could be useful is the abiliy to import a custom impulse or audio clip to compare driver waveform tracking. What hardware do you recommend? Thank you for offering a program free of charge, much appreciated.

elvis,
I second Kouiky's request and would also want to see something like a log chirp function that could be used with the software. I have an older Cleo test system and what it doesn't include was a log chirp function nor waterfall plotting. It would be great if someone wrote some updated software for the older hardware, otherwise I am looking at having to buy a new unit to get those two functions. What you are doing is outside of my scope, I don't write software so I have to pay to play.

If you could integrate a good resolution waterfall CSD function and the ability to measure the 4th to 6th orders of distortion, they would be great as well. Something that could be useful is the abiliy to import a custom impulse or audio clip to compare driver waveform tracking. What hardware do you recommend? Thank you for offering a program free of charge, much appreciated.

Thanks for your opinion. For the waterfall, This program is using a half hanning window as I remember...too long did not revise that part. You may try it if you have Labview 2009. If you found my algorithm wrong, you are welcome to correct me by providing some information.

For other functions, I may update them if I have time...It's too busy recently.

It is updated:

Main Code:
1. Added smoothing for group delay and phase.
2. Added a switch between phase or delay test.
3. Modified Clip Test
4. Averaging technique is added to Impulse Response calculation algorithm but still have some bug. It is for noise reduction.

User manual:
1. Updated the instruction for testing acoustic frequency response.

Other Code:
1. Uploaded a code for Crossover Simulation.

Downloads - alvis-labview-loudspeaker-test - Labview Loudspeaker Test - Google Project Hosting

Just for academic and fun~

Hi

It is possible to convert the complete application into a .exe file. Than you do'nt need a LabView version running on your pc. Of course it is not possible to make any changes in the application.
I have running such an .exe file on my pc and it is working.
At the moment I'm discovering how to attach an picture, it wil come later

I think I've found the way to attach pictures/files

run 01, export simplified image.png

run 01, in excel.png

screendump 01.png

not yet the excel file with the results

Hi JMB,
I did'nt convert it myself but as far as I know you have to download the full package.
From LabView there are several possibilitys and one is a development-system. If you have that one (ore you know someone who have) than you can make an .exe fil from the application you are running. That exe file is running now.
I got a zipped file from about 160MB which is self-installing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.