WinPCD version 1.0 released - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2013, 11:34 PM   #11
dlr is offline dlr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ton64 View Post
DAVE,
Nice program with a well choosen layout.
I have down loaded the program and try it out. The box-tools does not working. Here with the advice to add box-tool1 and box-tool2 (e.g for woofer and a mid enclosure).
It give more services by easy overview and corrections. Inform me why the box scheduler not is activated.
At the present I am working with Jeff's Excel-Designer 7 (2003).

wmbr, ton
Hello Ton,

Thanks. This release was just for the 2-way and 3-way crossover to get user feedback. The box section is yet to be done. I'm working now on some user interface changes from some feedback I've received. It's better to get some feedback before everything is done so that I can incorporate changes as I go forward.

Dave
Old 18th March 2013, 09:29 PM   #12
JMB is offline JMB  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Dave,
Though I might have missed the controls, looks like the driver response and raw driver response are the same colors. Offset colors makes it easier to see.

Thanks,
Jay
Old 18th March 2013, 09:58 PM   #13
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

Dave, two points regarding Holm:

1. You can choose not to have any headers in the file (in the export dialog box).
2. You can scale the output by upto 99 db. You can choose not to normalize the output, then scale by 99db and then export. This was enough for the old excel version of PCD. All you have be sure of is to scale all drivers by the same amount.

Will check out software later.

Thanks!
Old 19th March 2013, 01:33 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I tried importing FRD files and gives me an unhandled exception error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. Win7, 64bit.

Any ideas?
Old 19th March 2013, 04:58 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
Hi Dave,
Though I might have missed the controls, looks like the driver response and raw driver response are the same colors. Offset colors makes it easier to see.
Hi Jay,

I assume you're referring to the system display. I purposely left them the same because I see that screen as primarily for the equalized responses. Personally, I never display the raw responses there. The reason I thought it OK is because that is a very, very busy screen.There are many curves that can be displayed simultaneously. It's not likely to get differing colors for everything without getting one or more very close to another, creating confusion this way. You have raw, raw phase, eq, eq phase, total, total phase, overlay and power (eventually). I'll look into that again.

When I work with a raw measurement, I'm always in the tab for the specific driver working on the crossover section. The raw and eq'd response are different in the graph for individual drivers, raw is blue and eq is red. I only included raw display in the system graph to match the original PCD.

I have noted that I forgot to match the midrange colors in its tabbed graph to the W/T versions, so I'll fix that.

Dave
Old 19th March 2013, 05:04 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra7 View Post
Dave, two points regarding Holm:

1. You can choose not to have any headers in the file (in the export dialog box).
2. You can scale the output by up to 99 db. You can choose not to normalize the output, then scale by 99db and then export. This was enough for the old excel version of PCD. All you have be sure of is to scale all drivers by the same amount.

Will check out software later.

Thanks!
Thanks for the info, I hope that helps other users. I may have to create a "Notes" page for this type of info, probably just at my web site.

Quote:
I tried importing FRD files and gives me an unhandled exception error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. Win7, 64bit.

Any ideas?
Not sure, I've seen this when the raw file had more than one extra line at the end of the file (occured when using Excel to manipulate the file for sensitivity by one user). I've fixed an earlier issue. If you'll email the file to me, I'll go into debug to find/fix it, if it's not this one.

Dave
Old 20th March 2013, 03:03 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr View Post
Not sure, I've seen this when the raw file had more than one extra line at the end of the file (occured when using Excel to manipulate the file for sensitivity by one user). I've fixed an earlier issue. If you'll email the file to me, I'll go into debug to find/fix it, if it's not this one.

Dave
Here's the file Dave. Rename to .frd and it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SEOS12.txt (152.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 20th March 2013, 07:50 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Here's the file Dave. Rename to .frd and it should work.
The reason it failed is because is it a CSV, comma-separate value file. I have not put in handling for that type of file. I'll look more into it, but for now save it with white space separation (one or more spaces or a tab character).

Dave
Old 20th March 2013, 11:04 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Looking at this further, I noticed that the phase looked wrong. Your file is not "wrapped" phase, that is, it exceeds 180/-180 values. I handle this in the crossover, but had not considered that input files might not be wrapped phase.

I have added a change to handle files with phase such as this.

Dave
Old 20th March 2013, 11:38 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I'm not sure how you'd do that in Holm. Maybe there is an option in the in the export dialog.

It displays correctly in Holm and works perfectly in the excel PCD.

Did you also enable the csv format?

Hide this!Advertise here!