Passive Speaker Designer - Lite Beta 2 - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2013, 10:11 AM   #31
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Good work Neil. Kudos for putting the effort in.
Old 25th April 2013, 01:20 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Good work Neil. Kudos for putting the effort in.
Thanks.

You can see from the list below that I'd like to figure out how to add new modules to support "3rd party" .NET code. Specialized modeling tools such as transmission line design or line arrays would be cool. I've got the top-level architecture defined in Enterprise Architect, but it will take a lot more work to detail those interfaces and to make it easier for other developers to use the framework. Ah...maybe someday.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 25th April 2013, 01:33 PM   #33
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Davis View Post
Thanks.

You can see from the list below that I'd like to figure out how to add new modules to support "3rd party" .NET code.
Interesting idea. I do all my coding in the .NET framework but haven't had any experience in developing to accept add-ons. Would be good though!

Good luck with it. Let me know if you need any help/collaboration on something. If you haven't seen it, this is my software: Transmission Line
Old 29th June 2013, 06:17 PM   #34
jwmbro is offline jwmbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Neil,

I just downloaded your software, and I have to say it looks quite cool. I haven't played around too much yet, as I'm still waiting for my calibrated mic to arrive, so I don't have any frd files to work with - but if everything works as it seems, I'd expect it to be a quite potent free alternative to soundeasy.

I do have a question, though, you mention the ASD for active crossovers. Is this available for free somewhere, or going to be available?

Thanks for your work!
Old 30th June 2013, 02:01 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbro View Post
I do have a question, though, you mention the ASD for active crossovers. Is this available for free somewhere, or going to be available?

Thanks for your work!
I hope it works well for you. If you have suggestions for improving the software, please post here or PM me.

ASD will not be free. It interacts with DSP hardware in real-time, and it requires a micro on the DSP side to read the USB commands and control the DSP. For example, I have a plug-in board for the miniDSP--and it will allow you to change the filter definition "on the fly" as you tweak the design. Also, I have some "Smart Amps" that are getting designed.

I need to fold in the changes I made for PSD-Lite into ASD and should have something available soon to sell. I haven't decided on pricing or how to sell it, but the software will be in the "inexpensiveware" category.

Hide this!Advertise here!