New Triode Model by Dempwolf & Zolzer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2013, 08:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up New Triode Model by Dempwolf & Zolzer

I came across this paper that seem to offer something new from the standard Koren approach, however it only provided one example for the 12AX7, and I am not quite sure on how to obtain the parameters for the other tubes (Matlab surface fitting tool was mentioned, but I am not sure if that's it). I imagine the same methodology can be applied to the pentodes/tetrodes, so we can get more accurate positive grid models.

When I tried plugging in the parameters from the example given, the grid current in my sim was way off from the ones shown in the paper, perhaps I did something wrong... It would be nice if someone else could run some sims and see if that's case...

Here is the link to the article for your reference: http://recherche.ircam.fr/pub/dafx11/Papers/76_e.pdf

Jaz

Last edited by jazbo8; 2nd February 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!