Who here is familiar with MoTIV and IMPACT/Calculix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Is anyone familiar with these software programs to design subs/speakers? I'm looking to design my own subwoofer and have already gotten a quote for MoTIV to design a motor which I shouldn't have too much trouble with. However when it comes to modeling up the soft parts I haven't had as much luck.

I have read that Dan Wiggins uses Calculix and IMPACT to model the soft parts, but these two programs are not as user friendly as MoTIV is. Does anyone have a link for a walk through on how to use these two programs or have any tips I could use? Do you know of any other software to simulate soft parts?

Worse comes to worse, I can always order random soft parts, put them together, then measure T/S parameters and do listening tests but obviously this would require a lot more time and money than what is needed.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.