Tgen V1.0 (free software function generator)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have downloaded it, works like a charm.
Useful in more than way.
Now, since you are asking for input, can you somehow add the possibility to add an extra function?
I'd love to be able to set frequency sweeps within predetermined frequencies.
Meaning: I'd need to set any of the classic 1/3 octave scale center frequencies and sweep ("warble") it up and down within a 1/3 octave range.
Example: set it to 1000 Hz and have it sweep continuously up and down from 891 to 1122 Hz , and so on, as in: Frequency Limits for Octave Bands
The warbling frequency should be adjustable between, say, 1 Hz to 10Hz or so.
This enables the generator to be used as a very practical and fast speaker (or room) frequency response tracer, just this generator and an electret microphone into a preamp.
Much more repeatable and precise than the classic pinknoise+1/3 octave filter, because the filter is not perfect, has "skirts" (it still is sensible to out of band frequencies), etc ; while sweeping a pure sinewave between precise limits can be trusted more.
Don't know if this is achievable or turns your project upside down, but anyway I want to congratulate you on an *excellent* and very useful design.
Thanks.

Very good already, but could you add a two tone mode for intermodulation testing? 19+20 kHz -3dB for a start and maybe make the two sinewave levels and frequencies adjustable so that it can also do bass linearity testing (like Klippel)

i will make this range (4 buttons)
1) Din @ 250h - 8k
2) Smpte @ 60h - 7k
3) Ccif @ 13h -14k
4) Ccif @ 19h - 20k

all @ -3dBfs

Right ? ;)

TGEN V3 - BONIS AUDIO

..but the multitone section will improved certainly in the next release... :)

Thanks to: davidsrsb

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.