New Release: Woofer Box Model and Circuit Designer 5.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Woofer Box Model and Circuit Designer – Version 5.0
by Jeff Bagby

The most accurate Sealed, Vented, and Passive Radiator modeling tool available - Complete with amplifier modeling and the ability to include room and baffle effects in the response.

New for 5.0:

Added save and retrieve database features for woofer / box / tuning combinations
Added retrievable database for passive radiators
Improved sealed box analysis to include the effects of stuffing (Qa) and leakage (Ql) on the Qtc of the system and the overall response
Corrected error in the save to memory line on the main graph
Improved the functions and display of the main graph
Improved the use of imported baffle and room curves
Improved the use of imported filter transfer functions (You must have “Filters Enabled” to see this curve included in the response. Turn off all other filter functions to show only the imported filter curve, or you can combine the effects of an imported filter and a modeled filter).

My thanks to Charlie for hosting these design tools. Make sure you visit Charlie's entire website for other helpful speaker design tools as well.
http://audio.claub.net/index.html

Go directly to my software tool page: Click Here

Very cool program Jeff. I'm a greenhorn...does anyone know if you need a high pass filter on full range drivers to limit low bass excursion? If I put in the parameters with various Mark Audio fr drivers, the excursion is beyond the x-max below the 40Hz range with modest power inputs using a vented box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.