Transmission Line Modelling Software

The leonard audio web site and software appears to be available in the web archive at

Wayback Machine.

If you click the date, May 16, 2017, it brings up the home page with a link to the software download. I went as far as the download window but I didn't go any further in case it messed up the version I have installed.

This might be an easier option to get the program

I hope the original author doesn't mind but I've made an offline installer by resigning his files (as per How to: Re-sign Application and Deployment Manifests with a test certificate as per Create your own .pfx file for ClickOnce – .net ready !!!) and then resaving the manifests using the mage.exe tool (part of the windows SDK tools)

the zip must be extracted to C:\tline_installer otherwise it won't work, i.e. you will have c:\tline_installer\TransmissionLine.application and then a subdir named AF which has the other files in it. Double click the application file and it should install normally without needing any webserver or external site.

Attachments

• tline_installer.zip
    775.7 KB · Views: 3,963
Hey guys,

A bit of an update on this. I basically lost any free time I had to be able to develop this any further. I left it on the hosted website as long as I could but I decided not to renew the hosting subscription.

Don't worry about distributing it if you have the setup files. That's fine by me.

I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...

Hey guys,

A bit of an update on this. I basically lost any free time I had to be able to develop this any further. I left it on the hosted website as long as I could but I decided not to renew the hosting subscription.

Don't worry about distributing it if you have the setup files. That's fine by me.

I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...

Hello Schmeet,

Good to here from you. Things come and go in our live. I've been looking on and of at Transmission Lines, but this "rumour" about TL's being difficult kept me from staying at the good old bass reflex. HOWEVER, it was your software that made me look into it deeper, and for me it works fantastic. I actually designed some TL's that I want to build, one of them for a pair of Tannoy K3149's that I recently bought.

I wanted to make a thread about it, showing people some nice tricks on deciding where to put what kind of damping material. I do that by "slicing up" the TL in a number of sections per segment of the TL. By adding damping to these sections you can pinpoint WHERE the problem area's are, so add damping ONLY where you need to instead of first guess adding, closing the cabinet, testing, opening, changing, closing, testing on and on. THAT's not real fun. Now I do this with your software.

BUT, while preparing this, I noticed the web-site was gone. SO, no downloads any more. I do have the latest published beta version, which is OK by me, but the installation files seem to be pointing at the website. Not being a programmer (how do you manage to write fancy stuff like this amazes me every time I use it) I did not have a clue how to fix it and some others gave it a shot, with no real result.

I did post a reply to some people asking for the distribution files and posted the setup file (with a warning that it was not my software and it's also up to peoples discretion to use it as it was posted only for own use), which appeared NOT to work. Hope you understand it was only a good intend to keep this alive.

Anyway, good you seem OK, it of course is only up to you as the owner. Would be sorry to see this just fly away in space though.

Thanks a million times for giving us this nice peace of gear to design, helps me A LOT! :up:

kind regards,

Frans Wessels
WAE

Thanks for the program. I recently downloaded it and started to play with it a bit. So far so good. I compared the output with Hornresp and it seems to be matching up. Very user friendly and the help manual is well...helpful.

Question though, is there a way to change the space used to sim? Example is half space (Angle is 2xPI and is simulating being in an open field resting on the ground), eighth space (Angle is .5xPI and is simulating being corner loaded).

Thanks for the offline LTL installer, I just installed and it is working.
However, I have a problem with the units. I am trying to modify Settings to use meters, but the Enclosure data entry seems to have lost connection to the Settings.
Do you know where the settings are located? It seems that they may be corrupt to RO.

Bnilsson