Transmission Line Modelling Software

I have uploaded an update this morning.

There aren't any major changes just a couple of GUI things. I have made the element info section a bit smaller so that you can make the Grometry Display window thinner. I have had a comment from a user that they struggle to have the plot and display windows visible at the same time.

The auto-update checkbox is now a button on the display window toolbar.

The element info section maintains its size better during window re-sizing. The element info collapse button maintains its position in the middle of the window (vertically) during window re-sizing.

Geometry Display window now remembers its size and model position/zoom.

Fairly big update today! ;) [3.6.0.0]

- Added Boundary option to Element Info (in Geometry Display Window)
- Added keyboard shortcuts to Geometry Display. (o = Open End, c = Closed End, DEL = Delete)
- In Geometry Display, changed move to middle mouse button
- Added 'Selection Rectangle' to left mouse button
- Changed tlp save file format (more readable)
- Added functionality for Rear + Front enclosures. This should enable you to model Rear or Front loaded horns or Band-pass boxes. I have checked this with one known enclosure and it seems to work fine, but let me know if you have any problems.

Enjoy...
Pete

You don't have a middle mouse button, but you do have a scroll wheel?

Hmm.. I suppose Ctrl + Left mouse button could work....
Seems like it would be one or the other, a scroll wheel takes the place of a middle button. And most programs use scrolling. (and scroll is 'zoom' in many art/photo apps). I'd wager more people have scroll mice, rather than three-button mice.

As it happens, I have a Logitech gaming mouse with more buttons than I can remember and I can set the scroll wheel to act like a middle button, but most probably can't.

I haven't decided if I like the click and drag box for selection, yet. It's a natural action for a PShop/PSP/etc. user, though. Thinking of that, radio buttons to control the actions of the mouse buttons are a possibility. Like changing tools in PShop.

Every saved work is lost with the new version . Saved geometries will no longer open. Starting the learning curve from scratch, once again...
A bit of help to understand the new front/rear concepts?
Cheers
J
I can open mine. Some get an error, though, but the work still seems to be there.

(When you get anerrror message, just click 'continue'. So far, nothing bad has happened.)

Hi!
I succeeded in to restore the old version 3.5.2.7,,and everything works Ok
So it's not my new Win 7 SP1 , nor the commas
Can I download the new version to continue to track where the problem can be, while keeping the old one, to work normally?

BTW the mouse scroll wheel, if pushed down, acts like a middle key, and you can drag the geometry schem..

Last edited:
Mosquito, can you send me (peter@leonardaudio.co.uk) one of your files that you can't load and I'll see if i can find the problem with it.

In the meantime, I'm gonna go for Left Mouse = Selection Box, Scroll Wheel to Zoom and then you can select whether you use the Middle Button or the Right Button to Pan.

By the way, teh reasoning for introducing the selection box is that some users were having trouble selecting really small elements. And like you say, it is a software standard to have a selection box when you click and hold the left mouse.

Every saved work is lost with the new version . Saved geometries will no longer open. Starting the learning curve from scratch, once again...
A bit of help to understand the new front/rear concepts?
Cheers
J

Well.. To design most enclosures you can use the program in exactly the same way as you used to.

However, to design something like a Front Loaded horn then you need to have an enclosure both behind the speaker and infront of the speaker. (So you cannot 'see' the speaker).

The below image shows the kind of enclosure you would design using this method:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For Example:
- Start the default project and open the enclosure window:
- The existing element is 'Rear' i.e. behind the driver. So make this into a simple closed box, like in the image. Lets make it 12.25L (0.175m x 0.07m²)

So set its length to 0.175m and its start and end areas to 0.07m²

As it is now, your enclosure is just a simple sealed box, but we also want there to be a horn in front on the speaker. So you need to add an element to the front of the speaker. Right click anywhere and select 'Add Front Element'

Spin, the new (green) element around so it is facing the other way (180 Deg).
Make it open.
Make it 1.3m long
Make its start area 0.05m²
Make its end area 1.66m²

You should now have a horn enclosure that (with the default driver) is tuned to around 75Hz.

Attachments

• HornModel.png
    HornModel.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 200