Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Transmission Line Modelling Software
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2017, 03:44 PM   #831
moloch is offline moloch  France
diyAudio Member

The stuffing with Leonard Software is not good. I sent an Email but no response. There is huge difference between MJK's worksheet and Leonard audio about the stuffing

This TL software is amazing and should be finished. Great help

regards,
seb
Old 15th November 2017, 04:06 PM   #832
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

I concur.

I think I got a handle on it pretty fast, and everything is laid out very nicely. Kudos to the programmer.

The graphical handling of the line is also very cool.

True, if the stuffing could be closer to reality, this could be a sweet piece of software.

It's already pretty good, as one can get a clue of the end result. Adding the "real-world" stuffing into the equation would be the golden ticket!

I also hope that one day, this could be finished.
Old 16th November 2017, 11:20 PM   #833
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Guys, is it possible to do a sim for 2 drivers in a single cabinet?
Old 17th November 2017, 12:07 AM   #834
robotc is offline robotc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Martin J King has a worksheet that shows how to do this. I am sure the same method will work for the Leonard Audio software
Old 17th November 2017, 04:36 AM   #835
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Thank you robotc.
Old 17th November 2017, 01:06 PM   #836
Jaba de Soja is offline Jaba de Soja  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Tks, i was looking for a installer thats works. Good Job!!!!!!
Old 17th November 2017, 09:00 PM   #837
Ultima Thule is offline Ultima Thule  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Hey guys,

A bit of an update on this. I basically lost any free time I had to be able to develop this any further. I left it on the hosted website as long as I could but I decided not to renew the hosting subscription.

Don't worry about distributing it if you have the setup files. That's fine by me.

I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...
Hi, perhaps you could consider hosting your program on Github, that way needed consolidation of feedback is better managed, and perhaps there are other skilled programmers who could assist you in the development, I believe this would benefit all parties better.
Old 21st December 2017, 11:16 AM   #838
shadders is offline shadders  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I have started to use the software - and it is very good. I do have some questions.

1. On this thread, the driver seems to be placed on the middle of the first section. Why is that ?

2. I plan to use an enclosure where the bass driver is at the top of the cabinet, and the transmission line goes down the back and has two folds before ported at the front bottom. I have therefore placed my driver centre at the top of the first section as per default setting. Is this correct ? (what has confused me is the pictures where the driver is in the middle of the first section)

3. For each fold, i have added another section - so three (3) sections in total - is this the best approach ?

4. I may have this wrong, but what seems to be important for the transmission line is just the cross sectional area settings at the top right hand side of the enclosure window. I am assuming that the DEPTH variable is not used (middle section right hand side) in calculating the response, as all that is required is to implement the calculation is the cross sectional area of the line ???

The depth variable is a bit confusing for me - i am assuming that it is used for the other enclosure types, and for the transmission line, all we need to use if the cross sectional areas and the length variables in the top right hand pane.

Thanks and regards,
Shadders.
Old 22nd December 2017, 05:56 AM   #839
robotc is offline robotc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Have you seen/read the User Guide for the software? It will answer many of your questions.

You can download it from here
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:02 AM   #840
shadders is offline shadders  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Thanks - yes, i did read the help document. It does not answer my points.
Regards,
Shadders.

Transmission Line Modelling SoftwareHide this!Advertise here!