Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Transmission Line Modelling Software
Transmission Line Modelling Software
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2017, 10:44 AM   #811
Brian Steele is online now Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...
I can host it on my website if you wish - The Subwoofer DIY Page
Old 1st September 2017, 01:00 PM   #812
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
I can host it on my website if you wish - The Subwoofer DIY Page
I may well take you up on this. I just need to alter some stuff so that it no longer looks to leonardaudio.co.uk for installation files.
Old 1st September 2017, 05:24 PM   #813
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
I can host it on my website if you wish -
!
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:41 AM   #814
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@ schmeet

WoW good to see you back Could you make the software all in one, so it doesn't need to connect out & download extra files etc ? That would be a REAL bonus for us if you could
Old 23rd September 2017, 07:56 AM   #815
darkmatter is offline darkmatter  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I may well take you up on this. I just need to alter some stuff so that it no longer looks to leonardaudio.co.uk for installation files.
Welcome back, hope you are well

Look forward to seeing any developments

Regards

Simon
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:35 AM   #816
wae is offline wae  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hey guys,

A bit of an update on this. I basically lost any free time I had to be able to develop this any further. I left it on the hosted website as long as I could but I decided not to renew the hosting subscription.

Don't worry about distributing it if you have the setup files. That's fine by me.

I'm keen to help it be available, so I'll have a look and see if I can find an alternative way to get it available again online.

Sorry for the lack of warning about it getting pulled from the internet...
Hello Schmeet,

Good to here from you. Things come and go in our live. I've been looking on and of at Transmission Lines, but this "rumour" about TL's being difficult kept me from staying at the good old bass reflex. HOWEVER, it was your software that made me look into it deeper, and for me it works fantastic. I actually designed some TL's that I want to build, one of them for a pair of Tannoy K3149's that I recently bought.

I wanted to make a thread about it, showing people some nice tricks on deciding where to put what kind of damping material. I do that by "slicing up" the TL in a number of sections per segment of the TL. By adding damping to these sections you can pinpoint WHERE the problem area's are, so add damping ONLY where you need to instead of first guess adding, closing the cabinet, testing, opening, changing, closing, testing on and on. THAT's not real fun. Now I do this with your software.

BUT, while preparing this, I noticed the web-site was gone. SO, no downloads any more. I do have the latest published beta version, which is OK by me, but the installation files seem to be pointing at the website. Not being a programmer (how do you manage to write fancy stuff like this amazes me every time I use it) I did not have a clue how to fix it and some others gave it a shot, with no real result.

I did post a reply to some people asking for the distribution files and posted the setup file (with a warning that it was not my software and it's also up to peoples discretion to use it as it was posted only for own use), which appeared NOT to work. Hope you understand it was only a good intend to keep this alive.

Anyway, good you seem OK, it of course is only up to you as the owner. Would be sorry to see this just fly away in space though.

Thanks a million times for giving us this nice peace of gear to design, helps me A LOT!

kind regards,

Frans Wessels
WAE
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:38 AM   #817
Brian Steele is online now Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Offer's still open :-)

Transmission Line Modelling SoftwareHide this!Advertise here!