Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 49 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2013, 03:44 PM   #481
diyAudio Member

Say after several hundred tweaks to a model it will blank out the total volume. This doesn't appear to be caused by anything specific that triggers the error that I have noticed. Will try to replicate.

If I save the tlp and restart, then reload it is fine.

---

Any update to the offset in the curves <~60-80hz being displayed lower and 200Hz up being too high?
Old 12th November 2013, 04:16 PM   #482
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebster View Post
Say after several hundred tweaks to a model it will blank out the total volume. This doesn't appear to be caused by anything specific that triggers the error that I have noticed. Will try to replicate.

If I save the tlp and restart, then reload it is fine.
I'll see if I can find a reason for this, but it does seem very random!

Quote:
Any update to the offset in the curves <~60-80hz being displayed lower and 200Hz up being too high?
This is to do with the stuffing model, I am currently looking at alternatives and will update if I settle on one...
Old 13th November 2013, 03:09 AM   #483
diyAudio Member

Your latest release works without issues on Windows Vista64. I enjoy using your program and appreciate your efforts.
============
Could you add one decimal point of precision on the freq and SPL displayed on the bottom left corner in the Sound Pressure Level graph? Not a critical issue.

XX.x Hz

Value: [System = XX.x ]

===========

Do you have any ideas on how to model the "resistive nature" and "resonant nature" of several deep-but-narrow slot port as used on Onken style woofer cabinets? AkaBak is the current best simulator for this level of port air flow detail. Your models may not be suitable, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OnkenPorts.jpg (24.0 KB, 152 views)
Old 13th November 2013, 08:37 AM   #484
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSource View Post
Your latest release works without issues on Windows Vista64. I enjoy using your program and appreciate your efforts.
Thanks, that's good to know

Quote:
Could you add one decimal point of precision on the freq and SPL displayed on the bottom left corner in the Sound Pressure Level graph? Not a critical issue.
Done. I'll release the update later today I think.

Quote:
Do you have any ideas on how to model the "resistive nature" and "resonant nature" of several deep-but-narrow slot port as used on Onken style woofer cabinets? AkaBak is the current best simulator for this level of port air flow detail. Your models may not be suitable, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Erm.. This should just model in the normal way. If you have details of a design and accurate sims/measurements to compare I'll happily look into it.
Old 19th November 2013, 03:24 AM   #485
diyAudio Member

OK this time when dragging a section out the "Volume" changed to "NaN" and no longer responds.

Also discovered when adding a new branch to the baseline model it's effects are not calculated now. Odd
Old 19th November 2013, 09:00 AM   #486
diyAudio Member

Quote:
OK this time when dragging a section out the "Volume" changed to "NaN" and no longer responds.
Ok thanks. Still looking into this. Its hard to find the bug as it doesn't do it for me...

Quote:
Also discovered when adding a new branch to the baseline model it's effects are not calculated now. Odd
Do you just mean the volume isn't calculated. Or that the model (freq response) doesn't change at all?

Edit: I think I can see the problem here. It happens when you put a branch on the first element of the model. Is that correct?

Last edited by schmeet; 19th November 2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 19th November 2013, 12:21 PM   #487
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Ok thanks. Still looking into this. Its hard to find the bug as it doesn't do it for me...
That's what was causing me to hold back reporting this, it's that blasted where, when, what, how...

Quote:
Do you just mean the volume isn't calculated. Or that the model (freq response) doesn't change at all?

Edit: I think I can see the problem here. It happens when you put a branch on the first element of the model. Is that correct?
Correct. The added branch doesn't change the results regardless of volume, length or dampening.
Old 19th November 2013, 01:24 PM   #488
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That's what was causing me to hold back reporting this, it's that blasted where, when, what, how...

Correct. The added branch doesn't change the results regardless of volume, length or dampening.
It's useful reporting these things. Just hard to find sometimes! I'll hunt it down!

I know how to fix that branch issue, just need to get round to it. In the meanwhile, you don't actually need to use a branch on the first element as it is the same as moving the driver down the first element. Nevertheless I will fix it soon.
Old 25th November 2013, 06:56 PM   #489
diyAudio Member

New update has just been uploaded:

- Added a decimal place to the graph cursor readout as requested.
- Fixed the bug where the branch on the very first element would be ignored.
- Changed the stuffing model to be more accurate (More at higher frequencies, less at lower).

Transmission Line v3.6.3.2 | Leonard Audio
Old 28th November 2013, 06:25 PM   #490
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the update, is there a way of downloading the software directly? My wifi isn't working and I tried to download the .exe through my phone and transfer it over to my computer but the installer wants to connect to the Internet

Hide this!Advertise here!