Transmission Line Modelling Software

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, just model it as a single composite driver (ie 2 x Vas, same Qt/Fs…) with drivers placed such that Zd is the midpoint betwen the drivers.

Martin King has a doc on his site (TWT Amplifiers, Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers, Microwave Amplifiers, Power Supplies) that details this. The whole site is required reading if you are doing a TL.

A12pw-MTM-comp.jpg

dave

Note: i deleted the thread you started with the same question.

Yes, just model it as a single composite driver (ie 2 x Vas, same Qt/Fs…) with drivers placed such that Zd is the midpoint betwen the drivers.

Martin King has a doc on his site (TWT Amplifiers, Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers, Microwave Amplifiers, Power Supplies) that details this. The whole site is required reading if you are doing a TL.

A12pw-MTM-comp.jpg

dave

Note: i deleted the thread you started with the same question.
Thanks for the response. Is there a thread or information on how you handle all of the Thiele parameters when using multiple drivers? Also does it matter if the drivers are in parallel or series?

the zip must be extracted to C:\tline_installer otherwise it won't work, i.e. you will have c:\tline_installer\TransmissionLine.application and then a subdir named AF which has the other files in it. Double click the application file and it should install normally without needing any webserver or external site.

OK What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Cannot DL app...JPG
    Cannot DL app...JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,128
  • Cannot DL app(2).JPG
    Cannot DL app(2).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 789
Hi Madrox,

Just out of my head (or better as far as I can remember) you CAN see the size. On the right side are the length of the element, the begin and end "depth". The width is standard for the complete box.
That is for an element that you select.

OK?

kind regards

Frans

This software seems promising but something grows over my head.
I see the box for a tl line, but you cannot see the size of the elements; or am i missing something?

The m boxes, is the text there always m3 or must you click the checkbox to get it?

Select "Window" => "Enclosure" and you'll see something like attached.

Attachments

• Enclosure Window.jpeg
    Enclosure Window.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 332
Well the app stopped working and prompted an error every time i opened again even after reinstall...
I finally solved the issue erasing the appdata that in my case was in USER>appdata>local>2.0>ramdomname
The path was showed in the error window so i erase it and reainstalled and back in the game :) .

Cube Audio FC8 TL

Hi all,

I managed to get Leonard Audio TL software to work and started to model one of the DIY cabinets provided by Cube Audio for their FC8 driver.
Could any of you confirm if I am heading in the right direction?

Attached I have the cabinet drawing, driver parameters, the modeled enclosure and the terminus.
If easier, I attached the modeling file as well.

FC8 driver parameter from cube audio:

Fs = 42 Hz
Re = 6 ohms
Le = 0.094 mH
Qt = 0.38
Qes = 0.39
Qms =14.3
Cms = 0.81 mm/N
Vas = 55 liters
Sd= 230 cm^2
Bl = 8.6 T*m
Xmax = +- 3 mm*
Xdamage = +- 6 mm
Sensitivity = 92 dB

I found it very much enjoyable to do but also quite some questions arise during modelling..:spin:

Thanks!

Attachments

• Terminus.JPG
    Terminus.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 373
  • SPL Graph.JPG
    SPL Graph.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Enclosure part 1.JPG
    Enclosure part 1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Cabinet drawing.JPG
    Cabinet drawing.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 425
  • TQWT v2.zip
    640 bytes · Views: 88
  • Driver parameters FC8.JPG
    Driver parameters FC8.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 369
The rising output towards 1kHz then starts going down would not be my preferred FR at all.

Maybe you like that sound, but I wouldn't.

Myself, the best output would be a soft knee at the rise of the bass (around 30Hz in your case) to avoid any potential bass blooming in the room and a gently sloping down FR from there.