Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 41 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2013, 07:11 PM   #401
wmb is offline wmb  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice update.

Over the holiday, I installed a Dayton IB385-8 Infinite Baffle Subwoofer in my living room. I was initially planning to put it in the fireplace, using the chimney as the back port, but modeling with TL suggested that was not a good idea. So I installed it in a trap door that goes outside to a covered firewood cabinet. It's working great in that configuration, and the Wife Acceptance Factor is much better than the fireplace-mount :-)
Old 11th January 2013, 08:34 PM   #402
diyAudio Member

Default Unhandled exception

I just got an unhandled exception while clicking in the SPL window with the intention of showing some cursor lines. Usually if I click Continue the dialog will go away and I can proceed, but this time the exception just kept coming back.

The details were:

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow
at TransmissionLine.myGraphClass.DrawCursorLine(Point MousePosition, PictureBox& DisplayBox)
at TransmissionLine.Form1.GraphCursorLines(Point Mouse, PictureBox& myDisplay, myGraphClass& Graph)
at TransmissionLine.Form1.GraphMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEven tArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

In the status bar at the bottom of the window, it says:

Freq: 0 Hz Value: [Infinite Baffle = 0] [Driver = 0] [Terminus = 0] [System = 0]

The only way to get the exception to stop was to move the exception dialog box out of the SPL window before dismissing it - and then it would reappear as soon as I moved the mouse cursor back into the SPL window, even without any mouse clicks.

I wonder if DrawCursorLine could be dividing by 0?
Old 11th January 2013, 08:40 PM   #403
diyAudio Member

Aha, here's the clue that should make solving the problem easy!

The exception only happens if the SPL window "Terminus" check box is checked and the enclosure has no open-ended elements. If I uncheck Terminus, the problem goes away and the line cursors appear normally, or if I open-end an element and check Terminus, all is well.
Old 13th January 2013, 06:26 AM   #404
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb View Post
I just got an unhandled exception while clicking in the SPL window with the intention of showing some cursor lines. Usually if I click Continue the dialog will go away and I can proceed, but this time the exception just kept coming back.
I had the same thing happen.

I've also had trouble zooming in close on a figure to get the the sides of the elements aligned. If you get too close, the display goes white, and you can't get the figure back no matter how much you zoom. Closing the program doesn't help, I had to restart the computer. Even then it opened with a white window for the default. I was able to zoom out and find the figure, however.

I think some sort of button that restored the display would be a good feature.
Old 13th January 2013, 06:58 AM   #405
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb View Post
... So I installed it in a trap door that goes outside to a covered firewood cabinet. ...
Something like this?

Infinite Baffle Subwoofer
Old 13th January 2013, 04:34 PM   #406
diyAudio Member

Wow. When you aren't listening to it, you could use that setup to kill small animals, or at least drive them from the house in abject terror :-)

My IB sub is nothing special, just a single 15" Dayton IB 385-8. The only thing interesting about it is that I clamped the magnet between two-by-fours and screwed that to the frame of the house so the baffle vibrates less.

It's loud enough and then some with a 200W amp. The room entry point is very near a corner. The only room mode that it seems to excite is the primary resonance of the 35' length of the long narrow room, so there is a 30 Hz peak to deal with. So far I haven't bothered to eq-out the peak, as it is too low to affect the balance of most music. For movies, it's sort of fun having the extra zip to the LF effects.
Old 15th January 2013, 01:43 PM   #407
diyAudio Member

Now I can't find the figure at all, even with reboots. Do you think if I removed the program and re-installed it, I'd get it back?

Trouble is, without the figure there's no longer any way to select elements, so the program has become useless.
Old 15th January 2013, 04:25 PM   #408
uptime is offline uptime  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hills View Post
Something like this?

Infinite Baffle Subwoofer
Wow. I hope you don't have neighbors (and have updated your earthquake insurance)?
Old 15th January 2013, 04:44 PM   #409
diyAudio Member

Hi, that's strange, I have the program running normally, I can maximize and minimize the figure w/o any problem...
Every saved project re-opens normally as well...
Old 15th January 2013, 04:58 PM   #410
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I get an error to when minimising and maximising, but can continue without problems. Running win7 64bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (67.3 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by Mark.Clappers; 15th January 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!