Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 28 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 07:40 PM   #271
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
how does one model a different driver and port position?
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 09:24 PM   #272
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: in half space
To model a different driver position, choose (or enter) a Driver, open the Enclosure window and starting with the basic tapered line...

Left click on the drawing to select the '0' element.

Right click on the drawing and you'll get a drop down of choices.

Choose 'Add Branch'.

Left click on the new branch to get a drop-down choice and choose 0.0

Over in the right, change the Display Angle to '180' and click in another box to update it, or click Update in the main window.*

Make the Start Area of the two elements equal.
Make the end area of the 0.0 branch wider so it looks like a constant taper.

Now, you can click on either element and drag it's length (use the red square in the center of the top or terminus, hover until you see the double-ended arrow). When you stop, the graph will update and you can play with it until you see the 2nd harmonic go away. At this point the two elements will have a length ration of about 2/3s.


To model a port away from the end of the line, close the boundary of '0', the main element. Use the 'Split Element' to position the port, remembering that it splits from the top. I.e., you'll probably want a value of .9 or so.

Select the new element, '1', and with the right click drop-down, Add Branch. (I like to change it's Display Angle to 270, for clarity.) This element, 1.0, is your port. Right click on it, and make the Boundary 'Open'. Resize as required.

Hope this helps.



* Schmeet, the Update button in the enclosure window isn't working for these changes. It updates the graph, but not the diagram. Oddly, clicking anywhere on the main window updates the diagram.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 07:48 AM   #273
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
schmeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriwena View Post
* Schmeet, the Update button in the enclosure window isn't working for these changes. It updates the graph, but not the diagram. Oddly, clicking anywhere on the main window updates the diagram.
This is the way it is 'supposed' to work, although obviously its not intuitive. When you update something in the element info it will update the display only when that textbox loses focus (i.e. you click on another textbox).

If you then want to update the model you click the run button. (Or just tick the auto-update checkbox and it will always update the model when you make a change).

I could probably link the clicking of the run button with the updating of the diagram...
__________________
Transmission Line Modelling Software
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 12:23 PM   #274
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: in half space
The thing is, with autoupdate on, all the Run button in the enclosure window is doing is making the lines move in the little window at the bottom of the main window. When I see that, I expect the graph to update, but neither window is updating.

I guess my feeling is both buttons should work the same, which means somehow the run button in the enclosure window has to count as losing focus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 04:03 PM   #275
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
schmeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriwena View Post
The thing is, with autoupdate on, all the Run button in the enclosure window is doing is making the lines move in the little window at the bottom of the main window. When I see that, I expect the graph to update, but neither window is updating.

I guess my feeling is both buttons should work the same, which means somehow the run button in the enclosure window has to count as losing focus.
I'm confused. If I open the default project and then open the Geometry Display Window. Make sure Auto-Update is on.

If I change the length by dragging the box then the graph is updated (the geometry is updated because we dragged it) and the element info is updated.

If I now change the length by altering the Length textbox then when I click another textbox (lose focus) then both the graph and the display are updated.

If i now deselect auto-update. Then change the length by dragging it then it is updated in the element info but the graph isn't updated. If I change the length in the element info then the display is updated when I select another textbox (lose focus) but the graph isn't updated.

Now, we have changed the enclosure but the model (graph) hasn't updated because we have deselected auto-update. So now if we click the run button, in either window, it will update the graph.
__________________
Transmission Line Modelling Software
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 06:22 PM   #276
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: in half space
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
I'm confused. If I open the default project and then open the Geometry Display Window. Make sure Auto-Update is on.

If I change the length by dragging the box then the graph is updated (the geometry is updated because we dragged it) and the element info is updated.

If I now change the length by altering the Length textbox then when I click another textbox (lose focus) then both the graph and the display are updated.

If i now deselect auto-update. Then change the length by dragging it then it is updated in the element info but the graph isn't updated. If I change the length in the element info then the display is updated when I select another textbox (lose focus) but the graph isn't updated.

Now, we have changed the enclosure but the model (graph) hasn't updated because we have deselected auto-update. So now if we click the run button, in either window, it will update the graph.
All of the above is true, but you know how the program works internally, so you don't even try the stupid things I do.

I'm changing the element info and then clicking on the new Run button in the enclosure window, expecting it to update everything like the old one in the main window did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 11:42 PM   #277
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
schmeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriwena View Post
All of the above is true, but you know how the program works internally, so you don't even try the stupid things I do.

I'm changing the element info and then clicking on the new Run button in the enclosure window, expecting it to update everything like the old one in the main window did.
OK, so it is just a case of making the run button update any changed values join the element form....
__________________
Transmission Line Modelling Software
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 12:26 PM   #278
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
schmeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I've made the change and will upload shortly...
__________________
Transmission Line Modelling Software
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 04:50 PM   #279
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
schmeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Just installing the latest version of Visual Studio, hopefully the project will open properly in it. I hate doing this, something normally goes wrong. Fingers crossed!
__________________
Transmission Line Modelling Software
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 03:20 PM   #280
diyAudio Member
 
Mosquito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Santa Fe, Argentina
Hi!
Following the cristal clear procedure instructions of post #272, a very good performance MLTQWT can be made for the Philips 9710 full range driver.
I'll bet that MJK MathCad sheets results, will be near the same..
Attached Files
File Type: txt Philips_MLTQWT.tlp.txt (397 Bytes, 27 views)
File Type: txt Philips 9710.lsd.txt (244 Bytes, 17 views)
__________________
If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung...
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TLwrx v 3.0 Transmission Line Software CarlosT Subwoofers 16 27th March 2008 04:25 PM
3 Way Crossover modelling Software? Grahame Multi-Way 3 13th May 2007 04:50 AM
Matlab-based triode modelling software Radames Tubes / Valves 1 16th September 2005 07:36 PM
3d modelling software greg_mcquaid Multi-Way 17 22nd May 2004 07:03 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2