Transmission Line Modelling Software

Say after several hundred tweaks to a model it will blank out the total volume. This doesn't appear to be caused by anything specific that triggers the error that I have noticed. Will try to replicate.

If I save the tlp and restart, then reload it is fine.

---

Any update to the offset in the curves <~60-80hz being displayed lower and 200Hz up being too high?

Say after several hundred tweaks to a model it will blank out the total volume. This doesn't appear to be caused by anything specific that triggers the error that I have noticed. Will try to replicate.

If I save the tlp and restart, then reload it is fine.
I'll see if I can find a reason for this, but it does seem very random!

Any update to the offset in the curves <~60-80hz being displayed lower and 200Hz up being too high?
This is to do with the stuffing model, I am currently looking at alternatives and will update if I settle on one...

Your latest release works without issues on Windows Vista64. I enjoy using your program and appreciate your efforts.
============
Could you add one decimal point of precision on the freq and SPL displayed on the bottom left corner in the Sound Pressure Level graph? Not a critical issue.

XX.x Hz

Value: [System = XX.x ]

===========

Do you have any ideas on how to model the "resistive nature" and "resonant nature" of several deep-but-narrow slot port as used on Onken style woofer cabinets? AkaBak is the current best simulator for this level of port air flow detail. Your models may not be suitable, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Attachments

• OnkenPorts.jpg
    OnkenPorts.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 311
Your latest release works without issues on Windows Vista64. I enjoy using your program and appreciate your efforts.
Thanks, that's good to know :)

Could you add one decimal point of precision on the freq and SPL displayed on the bottom left corner in the Sound Pressure Level graph? Not a critical issue.
Done. I'll release the update later today I think.

Do you have any ideas on how to model the "resistive nature" and "resonant nature" of several deep-but-narrow slot port as used on Onken style woofer cabinets? AkaBak is the current best simulator for this level of port air flow detail. Your models may not be suitable, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Erm.. This should just model in the normal way. If you have details of a design and accurate sims/measurements to compare I'll happily look into it.

OK this time when dragging a section out the "Volume" changed to "NaN" and no longer responds.
Ok thanks. Still looking into this. Its hard to find the bug as it doesn't do it for me...

Also discovered when adding a new branch to the baseline model it's effects are not calculated now. Odd
Do you just mean the volume isn't calculated. Or that the model (freq response) doesn't change at all?

Edit: I think I can see the problem here. It happens when you put a branch on the first element of the model. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Still looking into this. Its hard to find the bug as it doesn't do it for me...

That's what was causing me to hold back reporting this, it's that blasted where, when, what, how... ;)

Do you just mean the volume isn't calculated. Or that the model (freq response) doesn't change at all?

Edit: I think I can see the problem here. It happens when you put a branch on the first element of the model. Is that correct?
Correct. The added branch doesn't change the results regardless of volume, length or dampening.

That's what was causing me to hold back reporting this, it's that blasted where, when, what, how... ;)

Correct. The added branch doesn't change the results regardless of volume, length or dampening.

It's useful reporting these things. Just hard to find sometimes! I'll hunt it down!

I know how to fix that branch issue, just need to get round to it. In the meanwhile, you don't actually need to use a branch on the first element as it is the same as moving the driver down the first element. Nevertheless I will fix it soon.

By the way, if anyone fancies helping out with a user guide then please get in touch.

It would be greatly appreciated and I will put recognition on the website or about menu etc.

Cheers,
Pete

I'd be happy to help out with a user guide. I'm not sure what you want - all text vs text and pics, what format - pdf or a traditional help file or something else, etc. We can talk about details but compiling info should be fairly straightforward. I'm not really interested in recognition, just happy to help out.

The big problem right now is that I don't have the latest version. I don't want to update and risk losing tapped horn functionality. I haven't checked to see if I can leave the old version intact and install a fresh version as well since this isn't a pressing issue for me yet.

I realize I was the one that requested the new functionality (ability to move the driver easily) that led to the removal of the tapped horn feature but I don't want to give up the tapped horn feature.

As a side note I've been planning to compare your program against MJK's to determine how your stuffing units compare to actual lb/ft of polyfil. I did it recently with Hornresp (since Hornresp can now sim stuffing in transmission lines) but I haven't got around to it for this program yet.

You can PM me if you want, to keep the user guide info out of this thread, there's quite a bit to discuss and it would make a mess of this thread.

Sometimes when I minimize the program to the taskbar I get an "Unhandled Exception Error" with the options to "continue" or "quit". This doesn't happen often now that I've updated to the latest version but it does still happen. When I had the older version this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME I minimized the program.

Any idea what this is?

Sometimes when I minimize the program to the taskbar I get an "Unhandled Exception Error" with the options to "continue" or "quit". This doesn't happen often now that I've updated to the latest version but it does still happen. When I had the older version this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME I minimized the program.

Any idea what this is?
Thanks for letting me know. Can you see any pattern to when this happens?
This was brought up once but I thought I fixed it. I don't get it anymore...

The new update looks really nice, I'm very happy that tapped horns are back.

I have one major request at this point, I think I might have requested this before but IMO it's important enough to ask again.

Could we please have the ability to change the t of the exponential taper?
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Exponential growth is f(t) = a.b^t
a is the starting point (i.e. Start Area). B is the growth factor (i.e. Taper Ratio) and t is how far along you are, i.e. position (x / L)