Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2012, 03:58 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

This is the advanced mode with the stock model.
I am not familar with this mode yet as the last version I had worked with was 2.18.
When ever I tried to enter any data(my first move was the start area) it would error and would not let me continue and would error on any other move I tried to make including trying to get into the basic mode.

Once I restarted the program I was able too first get into basic mode and then I could enter the data but as a stated I had to do this twice in order to see the changes.

Other than that if I run into any more serious issues I will use the email instead as requested.

Thank you!

jer

P.S. I just tried the new update and now it is not accepting any new data,Again I was just changing the start area ( in basic mode) to begin with from stock .15 to .1 and also .5 and it would change it back to .15 and show no changes.

Last edited by geraldfryjr; 12th November 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 04:31 PM   #212
diyAudio Member

Hmmm......Edit button......Okay, I got now!
Sorry about the confusion!!
I was not aware of this function from prior versions.

Thanks!!

jer

Last edited by geraldfryjr; 12th November 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 06:45 PM   #213
diyAudio Member

Thanks schmeet! Very nice program. Not to mention to make it available.
Old 15th November 2012, 02:27 PM   #214
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hmm. I have been using the program a fair bit over the last couple of days and I'm not happy with the new Basic Mode and the conversion between the two, it introduces errors and strange things can happen.

Unless you all object profusely I think i will remove the basic mode and concentrate more on the advanced mode again to make it more user friendly.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 15th November 2012, 02:29 PM   #215
diyAudio Member

Please do if it makes it easier for you! Personally I am not using the basic mode.
Old 15th November 2012, 03:41 PM   #216
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I just don't think it's right for now. Its just not stable enough yet.
Old 15th November 2012, 04:15 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

I think the basic mode is a good idea, but obviously...

FWIW, usually, when I'm about 2/3s done, I stop and start over. The trouble is, you never really know where you're going when you start, so you make a best guess and go from there. It's always a tough decision to start over, but when I do, I end up with something that's more modular, more readable, more easily expandable, and that last 1/3 is easily done.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:13 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriwena View Post
I think the basic mode is a good idea, but obviously...

FWIW, usually, when I'm about 2/3s done, I stop and start over. The trouble is, you never really know where you're going when you start, so you make a best guess and go from there. It's always a tough decision to start over, but when I do, I end up with something that's more modular, more readable, more easily expandable, and that last 1/3 is easily done.
When I write code I use the accordion method. I expand it, then compress it, then expand it, then compress it…
I have in more recent times tried to adopt a more modular approach.
Old 16th November 2012, 02:46 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

I suggest 2 separate programs, one basic, one advanced. That should solve the problem and keep the functionality. But please don't forget to work on variable port placement in basic mode.

I think it's essential for beginners to start in basic mode. If there's no basic mode you are going to lose a lot of people right off the bat.
Old 16th November 2012, 08:32 AM   #220
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just a guy View Post
I suggest 2 separate programs, one basic, one advanced. That should solve the problem and keep the functionality. But please don't forget to work on variable port placement in basic mode.

I think it's essential for beginners to start in basic mode. If there's no basic mode you are going to lose a lot of people right off the bat.
Whilst i agree with you, and it would be nice to have a large user base. I would prefer my program to be a more advanced modelling program that can be used to model complex geometries that might not be possible in other software. (Without having to resort to things like akabak).

I will try and get back to having a basic mode, I just don't think that its working at this moment in time and it will inhibit further development.

(Variable port placement will come eventually!)

Hide this!Advertise here!