Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2012, 05:47 PM   #201
diyAudio Member

It's nice to see the basic mode back. There's one more thing I'd like to see in basic mode - a port offset. Just like you have the driver offset in basic mode, it would be nice to place the port where ever you like along the line length by simply specifying port offset, instead of having to go into advanced mode and making a branch. (This would probably require input boxes to specifiy the port dimensions and geometry.)

I'll also repeat my earlier requests, it would be great to be able to have a chamber at the beginning of the line so I can simulate front loaded horns, and I'd like to see that "update" button eliminated, it's driving me nuts. I make a change and watch the graph... and it doesn't do anything, then I remember I have to click "update". EVERY TIME. I know that's my problem and not yours, but am I the only one?

Last edited by just a guy; 8th November 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 8th November 2012, 07:07 PM   #202
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just a guy View Post
I'd like to see that "update" button eliminated, it's driving me nuts. I make a change and watch the graph... and it doesn't do anything, then I remember I have to click "update". EVERY TIME. I know that's my problem and not yours, but am I the only one?
You're just too used to WinISD.

It works well in WinISD because the program is so fast, and you're likely to make just one change at a time. Sometimes, though, I wish WinISD had an 'update' button, because the change happens so fast I can't shift my eyes in time to see it.

Personally, I think because TL.app is slower, I'd get tired of waiting for the update to finish before I could make another entry. With TLs, it's much more common, I think, to change several things at a time.

Also, I typo a lot, and get a lot of error screens in WinISD because it doesn't like commas in place of stops. The 'update' button gives me a chance to proof things and be sure it's all correct before entering illegal characters.

YMMV, obviously.
Old 8th November 2012, 08:01 PM   #203
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just a guy View Post
It's nice to see the basic mode back. There's one more thing I'd like to see in basic mode - a port offset

I'd like to see that "update" button eliminated, it's driving me nuts. I make a change and watch the graph... and it doesn't do anything, then I remember I have to click "update". EVERY TIME. I know that's my problem and not yours, but am I the only one?
I'll be working on an offset port for the basic mode soon and I'm sure I can do it.
The update button is a personal preference. I don't think its worth the effort to get rid of it and I don't think it will be as nice to use either, IMO..

The rear chamber is on my list but its quite a big undertaking!
Old 8th November 2012, 08:11 PM   #204
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Added a button to the enclosure window called 'Join'. If you select an element and click join it will look at its neighbouring elements and if they can be defined by a single element it will join them. This basically does the opposite of split.
Okay.... a bit of weirdness here.

Opening a simple tapered line in Advanced mode, adding a branch to it (sort of a reverse triangle perched on top), splitting the branch...

When I try to 'join' the branch elements, 'join' acts like delete (except it deletes the other element, not the one slected).

Undo, switch to Basic mode, and the first time I 'join', I get a hex-shaped object. Undo, try again, and join makes a single, large top for the original tapered line. Cool, maybe even useful, but it bears no relation to the two elements joined.

Then, switching back to Advanced mode, 'join' continued to make a wide top.

Closed the program and tried it twice more, same things happened, except now when in Advanced mode the second time, it's back to acting like delete?

I'm so glad you're the one doing the programming, not me!

BTW, thanks for the other fixes.
Old 8th November 2012, 08:29 PM   #205
diyAudio Member

Crazy, it seemed to work when I first tested it. I think I have an idea what the problem is though. I don't think it will work properly when there are branches. I'll investigate tomorrow?
Old 11th November 2012, 11:39 AM   #206
diyAudio Member

Hi Schmeet,

I get an error updating the application. Is there no straightforward FTP download of the executable? Running v3.1.3.0

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/11/2012 14:39:02] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadEx ception (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://www.leonardaudio.co.uk/softwa...ne.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Downl oad(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionSto re subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Unable to connect to the remote server
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
- A system call that should never fail has failed 77.72.1.34:80
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 08:07 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

When I enter in the data or change it and hit update it reverts back to the old data and everthing stays the same,and then when I enter it in a second time and hit update then the new changes take effect.

I would also like to see the rest of the data displayed when the crosshairs are used on the graphs besides just the frequency at the bottom of the window,would be nice.

Also I am getting a lot of errors in the advanced mode of the enclosure window and I try to enter in some data but it won't let me.

Great software besides !!!

Cheers!!

jer
Old 12th November 2012, 02:18 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

Hm.. the change to basic/advanced modes seems to be throwing up quite a few errors.

JacquesToo. I will look into the errors, but for now you could uninstall the program in add/remove programs and download the latest version from leonardaudio.co.uk

Pete
Old 12th November 2012, 02:21 PM   #209
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldfryjr View Post
When I enter in the data or change it and hit update it reverts back to the old data and everthing stays the same,and then when I enter it in a second time and hit update then the new changes take effect.
This might be because you have not selected an element to edit. I've not experienced an error like this myself.

Is this in advanced mode or basic mode?
Old 12th November 2012, 02:54 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

A small update which should hopefully fix some of the strange goings on within the geometry input and the 'Join' button.

Please let me know about any issues though.

If you have error messages please emailing them through to peter@leonardaudio.co.uk as they take up quite a lot of room on here...

Hide this!Advertise here!