Transmission Line Modelling Software

Just uploaded Version 3.6.1.10

I have made the status bar give both frequency and value (i.e. SPL) when you click on the graphs.

Right clicking on a graph gives you options to copy the graph image to the clipboard or save it as a picture file.

In the geometry editor, pressing the enter key when editing the form will update the model.

Using 3.6.1.10, I have Length Units set to Inch, Precision 1. In the Element display, I have the Length unit set to "in". When I adjust the element length with the mouse, the status display at the bottom of the window lists the unit as in, but the numerical value is in meters.

For example, if the element is currently 15 inches long, during the mouse drag, the status bar says "0.381 in" (0.381 meters is 15 inches).

I split a parallel-sided element (taper ratio 1). The dividing line became orange as expected. I then changed the stuffing for one of the elements, without changing anything else, and the orange line changed to dashed red. I would not expect that different stuffing densities would prevent adjustment of a split.

GREAT WORK! So I read just about all 40 pages of this post. I have to say this program really came a long way! I just downloaded it last night, and messed around with it. I decided to do a mini-project with it, and found out how great working with this software is! The flexibility is crazy! This is definitely a new go to software for sub design! There's only minor issues I noticed.

I was reading Thawach's post about his "Thailand sub projects". I found an interesting sub that I tried to model in Hornresp, but just couldn't get it right. Here's the speaker plan:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is what I input:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I was able to model this in about 30 minutes while learning the interface still! When in the Enclosure window, Ctrl-Z doesn't work for me. When you have front, rear, or branches overlapping, and one is highlighted, the right click menu will give you the option to select which layer you want. In my opinion If one was already selected, it should give the right click menu for that segment. If nothing is highlighted then the layer menu is fine. Also, there is a "remove TH" button, but I think it should work to set a TH too? And as far as buttons would go, it would be nice to have an "add rear/front/branch segment" too. Is it possible to move the speaker freely? It would be really crazy if we could add speakers in to the horn and move them, but I'm not too sure how coding that would be :/

The output for a cheap MCM 15" driver is rather nice. :eek: Even though the enclosure is for an 18", but the 15" works better for some reason. Anyways, I only have two things to say about this window; I find 'the always green bar' on the bottom a little annoying, because when I'm not looking at it I feel like it froze, or is still computing. Maybe reset it to 0 when its done updating. And as for the graph settings, what if there's an increment column the user can set? This might make the graph setting window a little clunky, though.

I am working on entering all MCM Drivers, from 6.5-21" I don't think many people find it too useful being that most people go with $15045432 drivers. But, I like MCM for playing around with new enclosures. I own a B&C speaker, and the MCM is almost as clean with a carefully designed box. Just saying. :| Regardless I might post a zip file with those drivers on here if anyone wants.
ANYWAYS. Back on topic, For the calculated T/S I think a check box next to them would be nice, so we could enter them manually if we wanted.

Some questions I have are:
Are you planning to have X-max be a limiter for response?
Is there going to be multiple speaker calculations?
Is the response for a whole, or half space? Will we be able to change those in the future?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's what I kept thinking when using the program! OVER ALL this software is awesome. These are just some things I noticed! Great work!!

Regards
Lewis

Last edited:
You raise some excellent points, Lewis, and I agree with all your suggestions.

(Have you looked in Tools/Settings/Graphs? Does that address your request for increments?)

And yes, it's really evolving into an outstanding piece of software. Have I mentioned that, lately? Love you, Pete! :hbeat:

Hi guys,

Back from my Christmas break and have made a few of the requested updates to the software.

The Length unit bug has been fixed.
You can now drag the split line even when using different stuffing densities.
Main form remembers its size.
The driver name is displayed on the Enclosure Window toolbar
Undo/Redo shortcuts work from within the Enclosure Window
Right clicking on over-lapped elements does not produce the Element-Select menu if one of those elements is already selected.

abcdmku: I don't understand your request about the scale increment. Could you expand on that a little...