Transmission Line Modelling Software - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2012, 09:38 PM   #121
schmeet is offline schmeet  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvaro View Post
The idea is great, it seems now a little bit difficult to design a system, but the ability of add tubes to eq the response is just perfect to me.

When you try to minimize the GeometryDisplay from the taskbar it gives an error.
Yes, I agree. I intend to make it so you can enter the TL in a similar way as before and the 'new' way as a kind of advanced mode. I think I know what the bug with geometry window is. I'll try and fix that tomorrow if I get chance.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:40 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

@wheeee!

Seriously, this is cool. Just answered a crazy question I had last night. Yes, if you mount your TL on a box, you can use that box to control the output. (I think.... the program says so.... we'll see what happens when I build it.) (Not so much a box as a hollow fence post.)

Anyway, I think this might open up a lot of possibilities for those more creative souls among us.

In the enclosure window, the only way to know which element's data is displayed is the highlighting on the tree. This gets lost when you do an update.

The 'Acoustic Radiation Impedance' is a flat line. That doesn't seem right.

Last edited by Keriwena; 17th October 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 17th October 2012, 10:00 PM   #123
akvaro is offline akvaro  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Yes, I agree. I intend to make it so you can enter the TL in a similar way as before and the 'new' way as a kind of advanced mode. I think I know what the bug with geometry window is. I'll try and fix that tomorrow if I get chance.
One idea, for example, when you want to add a branch in a specific point of the geometry, you define the first element, then add a second element and then add a branch at the second element, that will be at the beginning of the second element, you need two elements and a branch to define the geometry, if you want more branchs at diferent points youŽll need (number of branchs)+1 elements, but if you define a branch for the distance of the branch from the beginning of the element where it is, youŽll be able to define multiples branchs easily.

English is not my languaje, hope that anyone could understand this
Old 18th October 2012, 10:25 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

New update (2.9.3) has fixed a couple of the problems found so far.

- Added Element Title information to the Element edit form so you know which element you are editing.
- Fixed bug where program crashes when you minimise the geometry window.
- Upgraded velocity graph so it displays the velocities of each open ended branch.
- Changed acoustic radiation impedance graph to driver radiation impedance.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:27 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

Akvaro,

I follow what you mean and I thin kit is a good suggestion, although quite hard to implement with the way I have coded the program. I think a 'Split Element' tool would be quite helpful also. So you can create an element the full size of the pipe, split it where you want the branch and then add the branch.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:32 AM   #126
diyAudio Member

Looking good.. any chance of some instructions to tell us TL newbies how to use it?
Old 18th October 2012, 10:52 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Screamer View Post
Looking good.. any chance of some instructions to tell us TL newbies how to use it?
Hopefully at some point!
I'm struggling to find time to do the development, but hopefully I'll be able to put together a help file of some sort at some point..
Old 18th October 2012, 10:58 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

The attached image shows some simple geometries to give an example of what I think is possible by using multiple side branches.

You can see that there is less ripple from the upper harmonics using two side branches over one.

I haven't quite figured out how to determine what size these side branches need to be yet as it doesn't quite react how I thought it would. I'll keep playing though and see what i come up with...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BranchExample.jpg (218.2 KB, 214 views)
Old 18th October 2012, 11:19 AM   #129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeet View Post
Hopefully at some point!
I'm struggling to find time to do the development, but hopefully I'll be able to put together a help file of some sort at some point..
Know what you mean, so many ideas to put into code its hard to do the boring bit... but when your ready...
Old 18th October 2012, 03:49 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Just another thought - it would be helpful if the red lines didn't appear when a pipe is open.

Hide this!Advertise here!