Simple PCB design software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Normally I use MS Paint and IrfanView to design PCB's. I use IrfanView to change the .bmp image file to 50DPI and also to print out the result at true scale.
I have just found some software to design PCB's that looks easy to use (in contrast to the extremely complex professional products).
Suigyodo online
If and when I design another PCB maybe I'll give it a try

I recommend Eagle PCB. I have been using it succesfully for the last 5 years for my small projects. I found the Eagle component database good.
Of course I do add some additional editing/patch-up on the PCB layout using MSPaint. There have been instances where I have created two separate PCBs on Eagle and joined them as one using MSPaint.

Hiii,

There are many pcb design softwares, at professional level you can use ORCAD, Mentorgraphics PADS but they all come with pricetags as they are paid softwares.

For freewares you can use ExpressPCB, PCB123, FreePCB, smartdraw. They are easy to use as well as freewares.

Regards
ARLABSTECH

I encourage people new to electronics to learn point-to-point prototyping techniques - many industry test fixtures on production lines are built this way, expected to be "permanent" solutions where only 1-2 copies of the circuit is needed

Pease' “air ball”, works at low frequency – some audio, can find beautiful pics of Gain Clones with parts secured to the chip's leads in the air, perf boards, gnd plane “dead bug”, “surf board”... http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sullivan/prototyping.pdf

go to pcb if you need more channels/boards have high parts count or want to become a pcb fab hobbyist

there are lots of threads - but as long as we're redoing the list - KiCad is one of the free/open versions with fairly active development

but I tried it years ago, found Eagle quicker to learn, Eagle had usably comprehensive libraries

this was also before KiCad wrote the model import tool

For the majority of DIY boards and autorouter is a waste of time, and even the proffessional autorouters are not used as such as the name suggests, but for automating repetitive tasks such as BGA fan out, the main routing these days is quite often done manually, due to the complexity of todays PCB's with SMD components.

Does anyone remember smARTWORK? It was very simple to use, and would run tolerably quickly even on a 4.77 MHz 8088. I don't think they ever bothered to update it to handle higher resolutions than 640x480, let alone create a Windows version. Too bad; it would still be handy for quick simple layouts.

I use FreePCB and I really like it, it can do anything you want, I even make my own component footprints.

I started using ExpressPCB but it locks you in to getting them to make your PCB's it won't output Gerber files like FreePCB will and like it's name suggests it's free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.