Simple PCB design software - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2012, 09:21 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

PCB123 by Sunstone for Easy PCB Layouting From 1 to 4 layers of PCB. With an autoroute feature.
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:01 PM   #12
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

For the majority of DIY boards and autorouter is a waste of time, and even the proffessional autorouters are not used as such as the name suggests, but for automating repetitive tasks such as BGA fan out, the main routing these days is quite often done manually, due to the complexity of todays PCB's with SMD components.
Old 26th November 2012, 09:41 AM   #13
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Does anyone remember smARTWORK? It was very simple to use, and would run tolerably quickly even on a 4.77 MHz 8088. I don't think they ever bothered to update it to handle higher resolutions than 640x480, let alone create a Windows version. Too bad; it would still be handy for quick simple layouts.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:05 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I use FreePCB and I really like it, it can do anything you want, I even make my own component footprints.

I started using ExpressPCB but it locks you in to getting them to make your PCB's it won't output Gerber files like FreePCB will and like it's name suggests it's free.
Old 9th December 2012, 06:17 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

EverythingPCB has a page listing over 50 free, paid, demo & evaluation versions of PCB Layout & Design, Schematic Capture & Autorouting Software.
Near the bottom of the page are links to Wikipedia's Comparison of EDA software & Free EDA software reviews.

Hide this!Advertise here!