Triacs in LTspice. Where can I get a model.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm trying to add a Triac to a circuit but haven't a clue how to set up a model for it. There is a symbol within spice but no working models that I can see.

A web search hasn't turned much up either.

Do any models exist anywhere ?
I'm after a "normal" 600 or 800 volt 10amp plus device.

Attachments

• Triac.JPG
    Triac.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 867
  • Attributes.JPG
    Attributes.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 814
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Many many thanks for that RJM1. I've downloaded your files and I'll have a play.
The only way I'm going to learn is to play around with this... I'll be back :D

Sofaspud... thanks. As you can probablly tell I'm a bit of a spice newbie so I need almost step by step instructions for this kind of thing.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Drop down arrow, what drop down arrow !

Figured it out eventually... after realising I need to select the symbol from your file and not the one in the main library. Doh :)

All good learning experience. Now all I have to do is get the intended circuit to work.

Thanks again, it was a big help.

Hi

Im also trying to build a circuit to with a Triac for 230V 50Hz supply to analyse or observe the Leading edge waveform the standard Triac dimmer produces.
I'm having trouble changing the parameters on the Triac that RJM1 uploaded (big thanks for that).
Any advice would be appreciated.

~(_8(I)....

Hello, I know it's been a while since this thread has any update. But let me try my luck here. I donwnloaded your teccor_triac schematic. V=V(A,B)*I(Rload)...???? Is the voltage source B1 dependent of the Power dissipated on Rload? Even being so, V*I is not a Volt unit, why LTSpice accepts that as a voltage source value?

Please can you clarify this for me (I use LTspice once every few years, so I keep my self very rusted the whole time :))
Thank you very much,
Andres

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.