Subsonic filter via software for Windows 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Shpilev is offline Shpilev  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Default Subsonic filter via software for Windows 7

Hey,

I'm in the process of building a subwoofer enclosure. I have already done some free air test with the driver and it has come to my attention that my amp doesn't seem to have a subsonic filter. As I understand it this could be a problem for a vented box if I hit frequencies lower than the tuning frequency of the enclosure. The box itself is tuned to about 32 Hz, so for the most part I shouldn't see anything below that in a musical context, right?

Well, I'm still a bit worried. I don't want to tamper with the amp itself and do not have the skills required to add a real subsonic filter so I was thinking maybe there might be a software solution available. Perhaps some kind of equalizer or software based subsonic filter, that would roll off the very low end of frequencies before they even reach the amp.

I'd appreciate some help.
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Shpilev is offline Shpilev  Estonia
diyAudio Member

I'm finding it very hard to believe, that such a thing does not exist. For the record I am not using an integrated sound card. I have an M-Audio FastTrack MKII so processing power and latency sound not be an issue should such an application need a decent sound card.
Old 14th May 2013, 05:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

It's possible with Sony Sound Forge to edit the sound files themselves that way, but nothing I know of can do it in real time. It's actually a shame, because it would be an easy thing to do. Not much harder than a basic equalizer. I'm no programmer or code writer though, so I couldn't do it.

Hide this!Advertise here!