Subsonic filter via software for Windows 7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I'm in the process of building a subwoofer enclosure. I have already done some free air test with the driver and it has come to my attention that my amp doesn't seem to have a subsonic filter. As I understand it this could be a problem for a vented box if I hit frequencies lower than the tuning frequency of the enclosure. The box itself is tuned to about 32 Hz, so for the most part I shouldn't see anything below that in a musical context, right?

Well, I'm still a bit worried. I don't want to tamper with the amp itself and do not have the skills required to add a real subsonic filter so I was thinking maybe there might be a software solution available. Perhaps some kind of equalizer or software based subsonic filter, that would roll off the very low end of frequencies before they even reach the amp.

I'd appreciate some help. :)

I'm finding it very hard to believe, that such a thing does not exist. For the record I am not using an integrated sound card. I have an M-Audio FastTrack MKII so processing power and latency sound not be an issue should such an application need a decent sound card.

It's possible with Sony Sound Forge to edit the sound files themselves that way, but nothing I know of can do it in real time. It's actually a shame, because it would be an easy thing to do. Not much harder than a basic equalizer. I'm no programmer or code writer though, so I couldn't do it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.