Audiotester, now what?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alrighty, I have never used one of these computer software programs before.
I have audiotester all set up and I think I am getting proper results.
Here is my line amp under test. So a couple of questions:
Does it look like I am getting proper test results?
What are the standard FFT's that people are running and using to compare? (2D or 3D or distortion or IM or noise) I have no clue.

Attachments

• 1K.png
    1K.png
    38 KB · Views: 400
Thanks!
I have managed to switch over to the ASIO.dll.
Now I get this (attached) All else being equal..the distortion is magically better?
The ASIO is allowing a higher bit resolution OR I may have been able to use more bits with the Windows drivers and just did not know it?:crazy:
Steep learning curve with this.
This is Windows 7 64bit with Audiotester (latest version) into a M-Audio Delta 1010. Using channels 7 and 8 (-10dB) Calibration value 800mA.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 369
ASIO is squirrelly with my XP machine, worked much better with my (hate to say it) Vista computer. In any case, yes, your distortion is a bit high, but you may want to check levels using a scope or AC voltmeter to make sure you're not running them too high and overloading the preamp or your soundcard input.

Usually I use a loopback in one channel to verify that the soundcard is working properly.

Audiotester is amazingly versatile but it does take a solid understanding of FFTs and a lot of playing around to get things working right. And technical support is basically nonexistent.

Thanks SY. Ya that was with almost 2v RMS out of my pre-amp.
I am going to follow along with the active thread here on Visual Analyser. Looks like my timing is good to get in on the ground floor on setting up this software.
Audiotester is being very buggy for me...it starts making popping sounds after a while when the frequency generator is running and the only cure is to reboot.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I applaud your decision to move over to Visual Analyzer. Like many, I had given it a short look and moved away. That was wrong, it's amazing software.

Pop and clicks can be other activity on your computer. Somewhere there's a thread about that and links to tools. SY, you remember?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.