Loudspeaker measure and crossover design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have developped a new freeware which may interest you. You will be able to measure loudspeaker with it and to design crossovers. The main features are :

Frequency response measurement
Phase response measurement
Impedance measurement
Minimal phase computing
Acoustical center computing
MLS (Maximum length sequences) signal generator
Impulse response measurement
Crossover simulation
Waterfal diagram (CSD : cumulative spectral decay) computing
Curve visualizing
Waterfall diagram visualizing

You can dowload it at http://sofmea.fr/Download.php

I will be glad to have your feedbak. I can developp some extra tools if you need some. Please feel free to ask any question.

Last edited:
Audacity and Gnuplot are to be used as stand alone applications combined with Sofmea, but there is no piece of code of it inside Sofmea.

I'm not sure giving the whole source code is a good idea, but I can eventually try to compile the soft on linux if you are intersted.

Sofmea V1.1 is online with

• A new interface organization
  • New messages concerning the file format
  • Minor bug fixes
  • The possibility to save curves in the simulation or optimization interface
  • Viewing of the mouse coordinates in the visualization interface
I'm waiting for your ideas... Feel free to ask for a free registration code to get access to the optimization feature !

Hello,
Sorry to see your message only today... I'm not in the Alps, I'm living near Nancy. The 05 is because of the year. If you want to test the optimization tool, I need to know your Site Code and Machine Id, wich are available when you click on the "optimize" button in the software (Simulation and optimization interface).
I you have any question, feel free to ask it...

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I want to make crossover for 2 way PA cabinet. Do i need to measure frequency & phase response of the drivers installed in the cabinet or without cabinet? Further if need to measure just drivers without cabinet, in that case the compression driver frequency response is to be measured with the horn fitted?

You have to measure the drivers in the cabinet in order to take the cabinet effect into account and to build a crossover that match this effect.

"Is it ok to take impedance curve of compression driver fitted on a horn?"
I would give you the same answer : you have to get the impedance of the driver in the cabinet with the horn because it impacts the impedance curve.

If the two woofers are in line, you have to measure the two woofers at the same time, that is to say : mesure between the minus of the first woofer and the plus of the second, nd link the woofers with the other plus and minus... Then you have to consider you have only one driver.
If they are in parallel, but on the same crossover filter : measure them at the same time too... But take the plus and the minus of only one driver (the second driver is directly linked to the first)
If they are not or will not be linked to the same crossover : measure them separately.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.