Help adding part to LTspice library. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2012, 07:06 PM   #11
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks folks.
Such a lot to try, and such a lot to get my head around. It's starting to make a bit more sense as I go on.

The examples on Bob Cordells site (that go with his book) I see include the same .txt file of his own models.

So I'll give that all a try quite soon.
Old 22nd February 2012, 07:44 PM   #12
just another
diyAudio Moderator

I haven't had a chance to read my cordel book yet. I had a quick look at the spice chapter last night, very interesting I couldn't see any mention of Bob's site though in skimming through it. Is it mentioned over in the thread on the book?

I'm having fun with my active crossover at the moment. I was sure I had it so that the distortion on the high pass was only going up a little bit at higher frequencies such as 20K but now it is giving me an order of magnitude higher, banging my head trying to work out what I changed to cause it.

Tony.
Old 22nd February 2012, 07:55 PM   #13
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Tony,
It must be somewhere because that is how I found it (I think lol).

It's here,
CordellAudio.com - Home

Think I have finally figured adding models to the circuit using all the info everyone has given... thanks again folks.

It's the little things that aren't obvious. Various texts mention adding a BC847 (or whatever) and I'm thinking WHY ??? Nowhere does it say right click the new device type on the circuit and THEN type the number of your new model that is in the list. I thought I could see them all and pick them from a list

Think I have finally figured this bit of the puzzle.
Old 23rd February 2012, 05:10 AM   #14
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks Mooly I'll have to check it out. good models are hard to come by. The chapter on spice models looks very helpful too! wish I'd looked at it sooner I'm going to have to see what you mean about right clicking as well, I've had some trouble getting stuff into my sims if it isn't in the standard libraries, I normally browse to the directory and open it from there.

Tony.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:03 AM   #15
just another
diyAudio Moderator

I think the latest (or some previous) update to ltspice broke mine I just got the LSK389C model from bob's site and tried to add it and my add component has the folder navigation button greyed out. I can't select anything other than directories I had previously navigated to... weird. I had to open the asc in notepad and change the 2sk170 to lsk389c to get it into my schematic...

I think there is something wrong with my sims. I'm simulating a very simple DCB1 at the moment and get high distortion at 10Khz 0.002% at 1Khz it is much lower, around 0.0003% Nelsons AP results for the original B1 were dead flat across the audio band so something is amiss. I'll have to dig up the model of the original B1 and see what that comes out at.

Tony.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:25 PM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

After having had a major play around for the last few days I've saved my work and rolled back (using Acronis True Image) to just before I started altering things in the program files.

Going to do as was suggested and keep all my work in the normal "docs" folders etc.

Lol, I'm the last person to ask on all this.
"I just got the LSK389C model from bob's site and tried to add it and my add component has the folder navigation button greyed out.

I'm going to try now and use the include statement to use Bobs models on my sim (which I seemed to get the hang of yesterday eventually)... and then I have more questions
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:17 PM   #17
diyAudio Moderator

That's gone surprisingly well.

Something I have noticed and how Vista specific all this is I don't know.

Anyhow, I had the desktop shortcut to run LTSpice in "admin" mode because not doing so causes proplems with syncing and updating. As per Bobs recommendation I set .raw files to be automatically deleted. No problem there, however when saving and running sims from "docs" folder rather than within the program files, LTSpice opens without admin priviledges...something to be aware of. Also the setting for deleting .raw files has to be entered again for this "non admin" mode of opening LTSpice.
Old 23rd February 2012, 05:41 PM   #18
macboy is offline macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
That's gone surprisingly well.

Something I have noticed and how Vista specific all this is I don't know.

Anyhow, I had the desktop shortcut to run LTSpice in "admin" mode because not doing so causes proplems with syncing and updating. As per Bobs recommendation I set .raw files to be automatically deleted. No problem there, however when saving and running sims from "docs" folder rather than within the program files, LTSpice opens without admin priviledges...something to be aware of. Also the setting for deleting .raw files has to be entered again for this "non admin" mode of opening LTSpice.
You only changed the shortcut to open LTSpice with admin privileges. Find the actual .exe file in Program Files (scad3.exe), and change it to open as admin. I have the same problem on Win7.
Old 23rd February 2012, 06:11 PM   #19
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!