VIRTINS MULTI INSTRUMENT v3.2 SOFTWARE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI
greetings any users of this software who can tell really how good it is as
i am mainly going to use it for audio amplifiers so anyone using this software
please share there experience with this software really need feedback from
anyone using this software
warm regards
andrew lebon

VIRTINS Multi-Instrument v3.2
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:25:47 02:25 »

VIRTINS Multi-Instrument v3.2

Features:

Oscilloscope
Digital Oscilloscope
Transient Recorder
Data Recorder
Voltmeter
Lissajous Plot
Digital Filter

Spectrum Analyzer
Amplitude Spectrum Analyzer
Power Spectrum Analyzer
Real Time Analyzer
Octave Analyzer
Phase Spectrum Analyzer
Correlation Analyzer
Freq. Response Measurement
Distortion Analyzer
Noise Analyzer
Harmonics Analyzer
Dynamic Signal Analyzer
Coherence Measurement
Transfer Function Measurement
Impulse Response Measurement

Signal Generator
Function Generator
Arbitrary Generator
Burst Generator
White Noise Generator
Pink Noise Generator
MultiTone Generator
MLS Generator
Musical Scale Generator
DTMF Generator
Frequency Sweep
Amplitude Sweep
Fade In/Fade Out

Spectrum 3D Plot
Waterfall Plot
Spectrogram

Data Logger
8×8 Parameter Logger
145 Derived Data Points

Device Test Plan
User Defined Plan
8 X-Y Plots
1 Test Report

LCR Meter
Inductor Meter
Capacitor Meter
Resistor Meter
Impedance Meter

DDP Viewer
Display Derived Data Points
HH, H, L, LL Alarming

ADC/DAC Hardware supported
8/16/24 bit Windows compatible sound card (MME/ASIO driver

Neat program !

I do have it working!

I do get occasional glitches and it shuts down. The last one I got I just ignored it and kept using it.

Use the auto function to calibrate with.

I am using Windows XP on a AMD 185 Opty dual core at about 2.85Ghz or so and the glitch’s I get may be from the overclocking as this is nearly the limit for this CPU and does give math errors in some Bench mark tests when it is cranked up. I will try it at the stock speeds and see how it goes.

On the audio side I am using an Echo Systems GINA24 24/96 and the program will run the card at 200khz at 16 and 8 bit modes. All of the inputs and outputs of the card are routed through a 32 channel Mackie 32-8 mixing board.

It took some clicking around to get used to it and figure it out.

I just got to do some THD measurements and they seem pretty spot on compared to some of the other programs I have used. I was even able to use my external signal generator as well in which had proved to be difficult in a few other programs giving false data.

I am sure that this is due to the calibration procedures ( namely Virtual Analyzer). When I first started using VA I could do this but lately I can’t seem to get reliable data but I can still see it in the FFT Analyzer Display.

I took a while for me to figure out how to set scales on the analyzer display settings, But once I did it was very readable. Although I do like some of the other ones better but it is very functional and tells you what you need to know.

This may be just an issue from using a little slower and older CPU than what is available today as well as I have not yet changed the stock colors and that maybe all that is needed, for me anyhow.

But the Opty 185 is better than the P4 that I was running and virtual analyzer(VA) was quite struggling on that CPU.

Other than the few glitches that halted the program I was able to start it right back up and continue on. It runs very smoothly besides.

The Scope display is one of the best that I have seen so far and worked great even in 24bit mode as where VA had issues with running my card in 24bit mode. I also have a P4 that has a X-FI card as well and I will try it out as well very soon. I will post those results too in a few days.

The THD figures were spot on and consistent when switching between 8,16 and 24 bit modes in realtime, only my card won't go faster than 96Khz in 24 bit mode. But it will in 16 or 8 bit mode. It even showed the exact same THD figure in a 22Khz 8bit mode as what the higher resolutions had showed. The meter has a nice resolution as well from 10e-03 (.001) on frequency displays, and 10e-04 (.0001) on voltage readings and 10e-06 (.000001) on the scope display for voltage as well.

The signal generator has a nice selection of stock wave forms to choose from as well as a programable function . You can set it for a continuous loop or for just a programmed duration, this is very cool. I haven’t seen any sweepable functions as of yet, as I am sure that this can be somehow programmed.

I really like the realtime phase shift function for between A and B channels, I have never seen this in any other softwares. Programmable yes, But not realtime!

It has programmable test sequence as well and this will be awesomely useful for testing of devices for certain frequencys as it records for each step ,Of course.

All of the programs that I have tried have their good and bad points, But, I will be keeping this one close by in my testing arsenal for sure !!!

It has taking me less time to figure out most of the basic functions than it has for me to right this article !! he,he

I can’t wait to start trying it in some real world condtions namely THD measurments of my speaker system. HOLMSImpulse does a preaty good job of that and it will be intrersting to compare the results.

Give it a try, I think that this is a great program !!!!

Enjoy !!!! :cheers: Jer :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.