CAD for Tube circuits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings Folks.... Firstly ...." diyAudio ", what a great forum and always somebody out there willing to share and help :D ;) :)
My questiion:- I am still very much ' A Tube Virgin ', although being over 60 already. I have a few circuits that work really well and would like to 'draught' them in a CAD program. I have found quite a few FREEWARE packages, BUT very few with the basic tube amplifier components, diodes, triodes, pentodes, resistors and different caps etc., ALL in one place. I have tried 'TinyCAD', but struggle to find an EASY WAY to create say a 'diode' within the package, as there are only 3 valves 'supplied'.
As this is only a hobby, one does not want to go out and spend $100's on something that you might use only a few times.
I would really appreciate ANY input and help......
Very best wishes and thanks in anticipation.....
Keith, ....... Christchurch, New Zealand

Hello there Simon, thanks for your input.... YES... You are correct.... ExpressPCB does not seem to have ANY tubes, yet it does look like a great package. Just wondering if anyone has or knows of any 'tube/valve' add-ons for ExPCB ????

Thanks again.... looks like quite a good thread has been started, could well be a common problem....

Cheers, be assured, all inputs well appreciated...

Keith

Hi there too ALL.... I have just done a bit of a GOOGLE search and THERE ARE some add-ons for ExpressPCB..... Actually found a link to a thread in diyAudio !!!!!!! There does not appear to be any tube/valves, but the various sockets and MANY components are there. Kindly posted by member " Ivey " of diyAudio....

Thanks for that...

Keith

Hi there to ALL.... ALL SORTED !!!!! I found a link here ... Adding custom components to ExpressSch - Hoffman Ampifiers Guitar Tube amp forum .... Many thanks to " EL84 " for their infomation. I hope that this info. will be of help to others. I did have trouble installing into the 'Custom Symbols', but thanks to my son, that is in the computer industry, he was able to install the new symbols in the standard 'Library Components' and I have 'saved' the ones that I would use most into 'Favorite'....

Thanks for ALL your input and hope that I have returned the favour and input some info. that others could use too !!!

Best wishes from New Zealand....

Keith

Hi there to ALL.... ALL SORTED !!!!! I found a link here ... Adding custom components to ExpressSch - Hoffman Ampifiers Guitar Tube amp forum .... Many thanks to " EL84 " for their infomation. I hope that this info. will be of help to others. I did have trouble installing into the 'Custom Symbols', but thanks to my son, that is in the computer industry, he was able to install the new symbols in the standard 'Library Components' and I have 'saved' the ones that I would use most into 'Favorite'....

Thanks for ALL your input and hope that I have returned the favour and input some info. that others could use too !!!

Best wishes from New Zealand....

Keith

Hi NZ...I am having trouble installing the custom symbals....I have extracted them into the expressPCB folder but they do not show in the list. What did your son do????

Help will be much appreciated

If you are familiar with AutoCAD (or would like to be) but don't want to pay the price, try DraftSight. It's free, is modeled after AutoCAD (so looks and works the same), uses the same DWG file type (so files are interchangeable between the two apps) and is available for both Mac and PC. Yes, you'll have to create your own graphic library, but once done once, done forever. It's also, probably needless to say, perfect for drawing up chassis layouts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.