Ipad2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have obviously looked through some that are available through Apple but I was wondering if there are other downloads available anywhere else that are iPad friendly.
Cheers

It is an amazing piece of kit compared to the Packard Bell PC that I have been used to.

I have obviously looked through some that are available through Apple but I was wondering if there are other downloads available anywhere else that are iPad friendly.
You won't find any iPad apps anywhere else than the app store - that's the only place you can download iPhone/iPad apps.

For audio related software you could try the following:

Faber Acoustical

They have a whole bunch of software like signal generators, spectrum analysers etc, some cheap, some quite expensive. The only ones I've tried from that site are the iPhone versions of Signal suite which is a sine/square/noise generator and Signal Scope which is a spectrum analyzer.

On an iPhone size screen the latter is probably more of a cool toy than a useful tool, but on an iPad it may be a more serious tool.

Another one is iCircuit:

About - iCircuit - The Realtime Circuit Simulator and Editor

Which is a simple spice circuit simulator. Again I've only tried it on the iPhone, its quite neat for a phone app but again is a bit hampered by the limited screen size so would probably be more usable on an iPad.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The stock studio six SPL meter quickly paid for itself. The Godson (6 yo) plays gams on the wife's MacBook. At 1st there was onlt one vol, all the way. I fired up the meter, put it between him and th eputer and said, if the number gets over 80 you are damaging your ears. Now all i have to do is put it where he can see it and if too loud e turns it down.

dave

Hi,
I have had a look at Studio Six. Looks very good, so I will go with that one I think. The interface that they sell would be a nice addition but at 399.00 Dollars it is too much for me.
What sort of results would I get using just the inbuilt microphone. Addequate? or would I need a fully calibrated mic. If so, where would I get one which has the right input for an ipad2
Thanks for the suggestions.
Cheers

Would it be possible to use a USB microphone with a flat frequency response with the Studio Six ap for the iPad. This would go in via the Apple HDMI/USB accessory and would, if I am correct, avoid the filter that is applied via the inbuilt mic which limits the frequency response!?
Cheers

Studio six apps are good, but with the built in mics, they are pretty useless below 80Hz or so. Doesn't matter that they try to correct, that just means that the data in the low Bass region is useless. If you are ok with that I have found them super fun and useful. But to look at room nodes or help tune a sub, you need a real mic.

Hi Jenkins,
From what I can gather (from a YouTube clip) it is entirely possible to use a Behringer ecm8000 measurement mic with a USB mic adaptor.....for instance a Stageline Dma-1USB powered by a USB powered hub going into the iPad via the Apple USB adaptor. The guy on the YouTube clip demonstrated this set up seemingly working perfectly. This is all I am looking for at the moment for a bit a speaker measurement.
Has anyone tried this?
Cheers

Off-topic for this iPAD thread perhaps, but as I have just bought a Galaxy Tab 7.7 (lovely 1280x800 AMOLED screen!), I am looking for android apps for audio. A good 1/12-th octave RTA is the first thing I will try, it seems a few are available. (I will need to buy or make a lead to allow an external electret mic to be connected though.)

Perhaps a new discussion category for tablet-related audio is needed?

Hi Ouroboros,
That's a good idea about having a thread regarding "tablet-related" audio. Especially with regard to the measurement techniques that might be possible with them.
I would still like to know if anyone has had any success with the set-up that I mentioned in my previous post.
It would seem to be a wasted opportunity not to use the considerable talents of these devices.
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.