Multi track software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I just got a Yamaha PSR E423 keyboard for christmas and i would like to get some tracks exported to my laptop to work on them. I looked around the net for some multitrack freeware but i'm coming up short.
The keyboard will export MIDI files thru USB .... I looked at Audacity but it can't import MIDI files, just wav. and so on.
Does anyone know of a program I can use that will import MIDI 0,1 or 2 files so I can get some tracks whipped up?:D Is there anything else i should be doing/using for this endeavour?
Thanks for any ideas:)

I am not into the world of PC´s, Macs include GarageBand, and is a great tool, but there are some additional interfaces that include pro-tools, abase and other software.

You can take a look at solutions from Avid, Tascam, Behringer.

In my case, I use Soundtrack and Logic, depending on my needs.

I have a PC so Mac based is out, I looked up music producing software and found a review of the top ten of 2012 ,#1 was Ableton Live,whose $ 329 price is good but their Live Intro for $109 usd looks even better and its MIDI compatible. Has anyone used Ableton around here, what do you think?

Thanks Serpentine, I actually bought acid music studio 8 just to get the feel of a vst/ Daw. Happy to say once I found the folder with all the loops and samples I started my first EDM track. So far I have about ten hours into building it and its really exciting. I will just use acid 8 as a jump point to get something with more power and features as it is only 16bit/ 48 khz( even though I don't think I could tell the diff between 16 and 24 bit unless it was side by side):) . I see a lot of people use reaper on the edm forums I will definitely look into it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.