DVD-A authoring/writing tool for Vista?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to make some DVD-A test files in multichannel hi res from 8 channel .wav files to output from my Oppo Universal player

I did this years ago with some "free trial" sw - would like something more permanent

I've tried downloading Win32 DVD audio Tools
7zip isn't finding all of the files?

does this have a binary that works in Vista? (I could drag out my old XP too)

I see lots of commentary on the page about building the project - not a chance here

any other (free?) options known by direct experience to work?

I remember a while ago I started to do something similar, although in Xp.
I used Adobe Audition, I think I did it only 5.1 and it worked, if I remember correctly I had some issues with LFE, but finally I managed. what I really liked was the fact that you could actually direct the sound as you wanted.

I managed to do a Wish you were here (pink floyd not incubus hehe) and part of Shine on you crazy diamond. Both on Dolby Digital, if I'm correct on dts

Although I've never used vista, I know audition works on it. Sorry I'm not familiar with the oppo's usb interface.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.