Downsample .WAV Batch Processing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I want to batch process a folder of mono .wav files with sample rates of 25000, creating a new set of the very same files but at a sample rate of either 19980, or 16000. Anyone know how to do this? The tools I have at my disposal are Matlab and Audacity, though I am also open to using other tools.

Jeff

I just did a google search for 'command line .wav resampler windows'. This got me the SOX program, but there are numerous command line tools out there, although mostly for linux. (You can always run Cygwin).

If the programs themselves don't support batch processing then you can write a batch file to run in a command window.

If you cd to the directory where you have the files you can do: DIR >> dir.txt.

This will get you all the filenames in a text file called dir.txt. You can open this up in a text editor such as PFE32 and rewrite it (using the macro commands for repeated actions) so that when run as a batch file it submits the files one-by-one to the command line resampler.

Got that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.