Please help me to find software that is used to draw the PCB layout of this picture? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2011, 10:09 PM   #1
idro is offline idro  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Default Please help me to find software that is used to draw the PCB layout of this picture?

Does anyone know what this software PCB layout picture and Schematic made​​? I am interested to find out. I want to use to draw some old PCB collection. please help me to know the software used.

PCB Layout :
Click the image to open in full size.

Schematic :

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:30 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The schematic is from the Australian Silicon Chip magazine. I don't know what software they use. It may be a drawing program rather than a true circuit capture/layout program. You could try sending them an email asking what they use if no one here knows.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It shouldnt really matter which pcb software drew it as most will be able to recreate it.

It might also be useful if the software can back annotate it too so you get the schematic.
Old 13th July 2011, 01:22 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
The schematic is from the Australian Silicon Chip magazine. I don't know what software they use. It may be a drawing program rather than a true circuit capture/layout program. You could try sending them an email asking what they use if no one here knows.
reply from Silicon chip :
"Our circuits are drawn with CorelDraw and the PCBs are designed with Altium."
Old 13th July 2011, 12:41 PM   #5
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

As Nigel has said, you can use any Schematic/PCB design software to recreate it, best way is on a integrated schematic/pcb package.
Unless you have Altium and they will give you copies of the layout!
Have fun.
Old 13th July 2011, 03:05 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

nigelwright7557
I agree with your opinion. I just wanted to try something new and different. I have tried many software to draw the PCB, as PCB Express, Eagle, Diptrace and others but all the same result. and when looking at the PCB of the silicon chip I feel there is something different from other software.

Hi Marce
This morning I had to draw a PCB using Coreldraw Graphics Suite X4, and the results are perfect. and I don't need other software.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:28 PM   #7
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Real PCB design software has many other benefits, the most important being DRC, but if its a simple PCB, you can use tape ups, corel draw, or whatever, as you can judge the spacing by eye. And if your doing your own board you can print out in any format.
The advantage of having a Schematic/PCB package is that the PCB connectivity will match the schematic and you remove the chance of adding errors when adding connections manually to a PCB design.
Old 14th July 2011, 10:10 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Smile PADS PCB software

I have been a PCB Designer for over 30 years - using PADS for past 20 years here in New Zealand.

If you have any issues then send them my way I should be able to answer any questions.
Old 16th July 2011, 06:30 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I have not used this tool, but Merlin PCB Designer is a free package that claims to be able convert CorelDRAW into a PCB layout tool.
A link to Merlin and to dozens of other pcb layout programs are at this link:
EverythingPCB : Software: PCB Layout / Design / Schematic Capture / Autorouting Software

Hide this!Advertise here!