Eagle PCB free won't show ground plane

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess this is normal as it is the same with me.... just refresh with "rastnest" and it comes back.

What is the problem (appart from having to click once) ?

I personnaly find it very useful at it shows all polygons in "virgin" state so you can make a lot of checks on polygons shape, and edit other traces without bothering with the ground plane covering evrything

Yes, you need to get in the habit of clicking ratsnest regularly if you use planes.
It takes a bit of getting used to, to see the outline of a plane, use the ripup tool somewhere in the centre of the plane, to remove a plane, use delete tool on borders.

Use the rank command on planes to assign diffirent ranks, when you have planes next to each other, tho lower rank plane will yield to the higher and isolate itself according to the distance set under isolate. Use thermals off until everything is nice and connected, its sometimes tricky getting going with thermals on. If you place vias in a plane, rename the via to the same name as the plane, similar to how you renamed the plaane to the trace.

And thats about all you need to know about planes in eagle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.