Excursion simulation in WinISD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are the excursion graphs close to real life in winisd? When I change the drive level the excursion increases and it woul be VERY helpfull to know if it is accurate.

I use ported enclosures in car for high spl subwoofers, not for sine tones but music with high spl levels. It would help me to know so that I will be able to tell if the subwoofer is moving too far after it unloads below tunning. I would also love to see how much power will bring me to xmax at what frequency.

Is it true that using less port area will allow the subwoofer to play lower beyond tunning safely? It makes sense and someone suggested that it will allow the sub to play safer without being as out of controll untill a further low frequency extension.

And is it true that cabin gain boost will not affect the enclosure's anhechoic group delay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.