Low frequency spectrum analysis, S.A. software, recommendations? Newbie here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let's try this again ... last time my session timed out (?) as I was typing a post, and 20+ minutes worth of typing got erased. After taking a few minutes to cool off, I decided to try and re-type it, but this time it's just going to be much shorter, slapdash...

I'm trying to measure the frequency response of my subwoofer. I will be measuring 15-250 Hertz. I have Daqarta RTA, a Presonus Firebox, and a professionally calibrated (down to 10 Hertz) Dayton emm-6 condenser mic. I don't trust the sound card that came with my laptop, that's why I'm using the Firebox.

Is there any way to make sure (nomatter what software i use) that the laptop sound card is disabled, or at least just not being used?

With Daqarta, I can only analyze in real time. I want to do some analysis of pre-recorded files but with pretty much the same capability. Can anybody recommend spectrum analysis software for this that is either free or inexpensive?

Last edited:
Impules software

Emilimo,
Take a look at HOLM Impulse s/w, I believe this HOLM is specifically designed for impulse related analyzation of waveforms. There is also Sigview, and ARTA, which I believe are real time as well as impulse.
There also is:
Soundcard Scope
... which is a nice application, simple to use and useful in certain situations.

Marci

I got few good ones in this thread,

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soft...arta-audio-analysis-software.html#post2524170

I use these and HOLImpulse, Virtual analyzer ,audacity and a few others all are free I will try to get list of all of the ones I have tried and work well.

wavespectra and REWv5 are very good and most of them allow you to analze just a sample data without being only realtime audacity has a built in function that does this.

jer

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.