Tubes and LTspice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm encountering some problems when I try to sim some basic psu's and tube circuits.

I have most of the beginner stuff figured out but there are a few things I just can't wrap my head around.
When I try to run an AC analysis with the PSU hooked up to the tube buffer it just goes bizarre.
If I were to hazard a guess, LTspice takes some form of snapshot at start up and uses those values as reference? A simulated psu takes a little time to get the caps charged and everything working properly.
Exchanging the psu for batteries everything looks pretty much ok.

What's the use if I can't run the sim with the psu hooked up to the circuit?
I'm just not getting this?

I'm encountering some problems when I try to sim some basic psu's and tube circuits.

I have most of the beginner stuff figured out but there are a few things I just can't wrap my head around.
When I try to run an AC analysis with the PSU hooked up to the tube buffer it just goes bizarre.

This is because the AC analysis does not produce the dc ouput from from PSU (only a transient analysis can do that) so your tube buffer has no HT hence the bizarre results.

Cheers

Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.