MJL21193/4 for eagle

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
And there I was thinking you wanted to stake one of our members out and feed him to wild raptors, ( a sentiment I'm sure some of our other members might share!) :D

But on topic, I haven't ATM, due to various computer issues that I won't bore you with, but isn't there one in the Symamsym download?

But on topic, I haven't ATM, due to various computer issues that I won't bore you with, but isn't there one in the Symamsym download?

Hmm, well, Ill have to look in the ton of symasym threads, but Ill do a search and see what I can find.

Thanks.

EDIT : Well, nothing turned up, but I swear I saw someone post some eagle transistor files somewhere in those symasym threads. Hmm.

Last edited:

Thanks, but I already went to that page, theres no library files, only the symasym schematic/board files, which contains TO-247 output transistors.

Maybe I should clarify, I need TO-264 with same pin out as MJL21193/4 and they have to be in horisontal position, not vertical as in that symasym schematic.

But thanks for taking the time anyway. :)

Looks like you'll be learning how to create your own parts then! :D

It really isn't that difficult, and there are a few online tutorials that will help.

Does look like it, but getting those parts isnt critical. My ESP P3A copy is going to use MJ15003/4 TO-3 transistors anyway, but was considering going with the recommended MJL21193/4 instead. But guess Ill just have to make up my mind and see which way Ill go.

:)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Neutrality,

I would suggest you make them yourself, as I wouldn't trust anyones else's and I wouldn't expect others to trust mine. Imagine giving someone your component, they get 100 PCBs made and it is wrong. :cool:

I believe all the common output transistors have the same pin configuration.

http://users.tpg.com.au/gerskine/greg/Output Transistors.htm

When designing horizontal transistors you need to work out the length of the pins before the bend. Mine might have 5mm before the bend, where you might need a half inch. A horizontal TO264 takes up a lot of PCB space, so I suggest you also have one with no silkscreen or maybe one with the outline on the documentation layer.

regards

Attachments

• Elliott P3A.jpg
    Elliott P3A.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 717
First, I would like to apologize for not responding earlier, both to your post and your PM's.

Looked at the models and they are just as they should be.

Atm, I have already gotten PCB's made for a project, found a solution with using TO-247 transistor packages with the same Pin spacing and pinout.

However, for further revisions and versions of my amp they will definately come in handy.

So a big thank you from me. :)

Regards,
Christian