New version of DIY Layout Creator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have used the old version 1.x of DIYLC to draw stompbox layouts or the newer version 2.x that's supposed to draw amp layouts and schematics as well, but did it badly. Anyways, the new version 3 is developed from scratch to offer better performance and ability to draw pretty much anything. It's still under development, so component set is not very rich, but I encourage everyone to try it out and give some feedback. I want to iron out usability issues and make it as comfortable to use as possible to wide audience - pedal makers, amp makers, hi-fi folks...any DIY enthusiasts really.

You can find the latest version here, as well as some documentation diy-layout-creator - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you have any ideas you can either reply here, pm me or, even better, use "Report Bugs" feature and file a ticket with description of your requests or issues.

All the best,
Bane

Version 3.0.4 is released.

If you're running older version 3.0.x, you should be able to see the yellow light bulb in the bottom left corner indicating that updates are available. Click on it gives the list of changes and download link. From now on, I'll keep that feed updated.

After I released 3.0.4, I found that editing numerical values is messed up. I'll fix that in the next round, but there should be enough good stuff in this version to make it worth checking out.

diylc-3.0.4-alpha.zip - diy-layout-creator - DIYLC 3.0.4 Alpha (multi-platform) - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers,
Bane

Just a suggestion, how about makes the wiring as a group system, not a components. If I placing resistors leads to IC's leads they are bonded instantly.
As reference is CADint, it groups the wires. (free demo download, you may use it as your reference).

You make it alone? I ever try to make another one alone with Qt3, then I giving up:D.

Keep going, java are simpler one.

BUG???

Unable to use the program. I have an error message and I have to close the session to close.

Regards!

Attachments

• ScreenShot024.png
    ScreenShot024.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 159
Hi everyone,

Last couple of months I've been adding some cool features and improvements to DIYLC, feel free to give it a try and let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Here's the link. It's completely free, works on win, unix, mac https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/releases/latest

Cheers,
Bane

PS @Project16, long overdue response, but you were using an ancient version of the app. Since 2011, the current version is 3rd generation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.