diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Software Tools (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/)
-   -   New version of DIY Layout Creator (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/181962-new-version-diy-layout-creator.html)

bancika 27th January 2011 12:26 PM

New version of DIY Layout Creator

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have used the old version 1.x of DIYLC to draw stompbox layouts or the newer version 2.x that's supposed to draw amp layouts and schematics as well, but did it badly. Anyways, the new version 3 is developed from scratch to offer better performance and ability to draw pretty much anything. It's still under development, so component set is not very rich, but I encourage everyone to try it out and give some feedback. I want to iron out usability issues and make it as comfortable to use as possible to wide audience - pedal makers, amp makers, hi-fi folks...any DIY enthusiasts really.

You can find the latest version here, as well as some documentation diy-layout-creator - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you have any ideas you can either reply here, pm me or, even better, use "Report Bugs" feature and file a ticket with description of your requests or issues.

All the best,
Bane

Workhorse 27th January 2011 12:44 PM

Thanxz,

I will try it out for sure;)

bancika 28th January 2011 08:22 AM

Version 3.0.4 is released.

If you're running older version 3.0.x, you should be able to see the yellow light bulb in the bottom left corner indicating that updates are available. Click on it gives the list of changes and download link. From now on, I'll keep that feed updated.

After I released 3.0.4, I found that editing numerical values is messed up. I'll fix that in the next round, but there should be enough good stuff in this version to make it worth checking out.

diylc-3.0.4-alpha.zip - diy-layout-creator - DIYLC 3.0.4 Alpha (multi-platform) - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers,
Bane

piero7 28th January 2011 09:39 PM

no libraries available?

bancika 28th January 2011 10:05 PM

no, not yet. I'm working on extending component set. I added to-92 and to-220 transistors today :)

ontoaba 29th January 2011 12:20 AM

Just a suggestion, how about makes the wiring as a group system, not a components. If I placing resistors leads to IC's leads they are bonded instantly.
As reference is CADint, it groups the wires. (free demo download, you may use it as your reference).

You make it alone? I ever try to make another one alone with Qt3, then I giving up:D.

Keep going, java are simpler one.

bancika 29th January 2011 07:55 AM

If I understood correctly, that's how it's already done. When you connect two components they stick together until you unstuck them.
And yes, I'm doing it myself.
Thanks,
Bane

mds 2nd February 2011 02:51 AM

Does anyone know if a similar program for mac exists?

I'm new to this and apologies if I ask about something that everyone else knows..

bancika 3rd February 2011 10:17 PM

this one works on mac, you just need java 1.6 installed...

Jsixis 21st February 2011 02:11 PM

I bookmarked your site and will attempt to try out your program next weekend, time permitting.
When it comes to computer software I'm a moron.