Anyone using SpeakerWorkshop for power amplifier distortion testing ??? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th November 2010, 08:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone using SpeakerWorkshop for power amplifier distortion testing ???

Im not sure how to set up SW for this, but with my jig in loop mode, with a 1Khz sine signal, i selected spectrum at 1 pwr/freq and set ranges to 1 to 20K Hz.
The result (which i assume is a measure to the soundcard) was 2.6% at 5Hz and then drops down above this. What if i use this looped curve as a calibration file to subtract it from an amp under test curve, this should give me the data for the amp...
By the way, I dont know if this section of SW is functioning anyway.

Hide this!Advertise here!