Unibox/WinISD port inconsistency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am designing a new sub. I am trying two different packages for the design which give differences. Unibox and WinISD.

The difference is in port end correction.

Unibox gives an end correction of 0.519 for two flanged ends and 0.85 for two flush ends. WinISD has an end correction of 0.85 for two flanged ends.

When I take this difference into account I get pretty similar results for the two different packages but the required port length differs by 4 cm for the same tuning frequency (46 Hz).

Which one is right? I see from a search here that people are taking an end correction of 0.424 per flared end so my guess is that WinISD is right. But then again, Unibox has been around for a long time to contain such a basic error. It would be nice to be certain (eg. if anyone has the original AES reference) rather than referring to some internet link that could be wrong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.