New 100W Guitar amp design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2010, 06:39 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New 100W Guitar amp design

I am trying out the Kicad software, a little tricky but I like the results, This is a work in progress, and I need to model the orange drops. This will take months to finish with the design tweaking before I ever have a PCB made.

Cheers
BrainTM

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 15th September 2010, 06:43 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default New design work in progress

100W guitar amp, 3 channels, have the metal work design for rackmount or a head. This will take a while to get the bugs out of the ciruit before I will have the PCB made.

BrainTM

Old 22nd September 2010, 07:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi escopunk- I too am using Kicad for guitar amp design at home. I see that you have discovered the 3-D feature. Kind of flashy! I keep endorsing kicad because its pretty full featured schematic capture, and PCB layout, and it's free! There is an example of a pre-amp board that I laid out in a tread called "one off guitar amp" in the musical insturments forum.

Hide this!Advertise here!