An awesome ZLCR meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Allright. hard to fully understand the PDF without understanding the language. Will the schematic on page 10 do the job?

A couple of questions:
-Rtest are not specified. Do this have any function?
-Should the resistor switch be connected in paralell og instead of the 10k resistor?

Or do the schematic on page 9 do the job correctly? (Just replace the 10k with a resistor-switch) The only difference seems to be the Rtest and the paralell connection with the switch. +the USB powersupply.

I bought the dedicated hardware from the Italian magazine and I have a few questions for someone who used VA for ZLCR testing. I managed to understand several things from the Italian articles, basically that the ranges are correct only at 1KHz and at other freq. they are not and this is not represented in the software. I have inductors and capacitors which I would like to sweep through from 20Hz to 20KHz. I take 100 points and the readings are stable, however when I try to scan large spans the application will throw an exception. I tried using 2010,11 & 12 and sweeping does not work at all in 2012. I have a cheap DMM with inductance meter and for a specific inductor is reads about 250mH and from the DVM spec. the reading is at 270Hz. I can never get the same reading on the ZRLC meter and I get 300+mH. I don't know who to believe. Did anyone manage to get this thing working reliably and using sweeps?

This is an example of an L sweep I was able to perform using range 4. Most of data is good but you can see there are points that doesn't line up. I would like to solve that somehow.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
So I was running more tests and I am afraid to say that the results are very poor. I can not get accurate results on anything including SMD resistors which should be pretty accurate. I have the hardware from the Italian magazine. Any idea what could be wrong is the software that throws the readings that much off?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.