An awesome ZLCR meter - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2010, 11:26 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Elvee
You refer to .. as it seems interresting links but the languish problem persist. I will try with google translate and let you know if I went happy about the information

je suis a room avec douche silvoplait

Have fun!
Old 11th September 2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Elvee is online now Elvee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I have no idea about the identity of your guy at MW.

For the projects, the text is in french, but schematics and pictures are universal. Of course, there is always the risk to miss a small detail, just as I did.
Old 11th September 2010, 07:10 PM   #13
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I build mine with Lm833 (burnt my only lm358 as there is a blunt error in ps polarity on the web page), and finally made it work, running on single 9V PS with virtual ground. I have ridiculous errors of around 20-50% at 1KHz, for 100ohm range (0.82mH reported as 0.99, 3.9 ohm as 5.6, etc). Some serious issues with app not entering calibration mode, then getting stuck in calibration mode, and so on...

Starting to remind me of speaker workshop on which I wasted a good week before I threw it away together with it's jig.

I hope I am missing something as usual What do you guys use as PS? Which version you built?
Old 11th September 2010, 07:28 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Actually, I swapped back my supposedly dead LM358, and guess what - not only that is not dead, but also measured my 0.82mH coil as 0.8224mH I guess we all better stick with the recipe and use LM358 as specified by author. Digits are also quite calm... Back to more testin'
Old 11th September 2010, 07:58 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdr View Post
Actually, I swapped back my supposedly dead LM358, and guess what - not only that is not dead, but also measured my 0.82mH coil as 0.8224mH I guess we all better stick with the recipe and use LM358 as specified by author. Digits are also quite calm... Back to more testin'
In this case, I think i'll give a try to a LM324, instead of the TL074.
For 1KHz, anyway, shouldn't change anything.
With a high averaging value, it's OK for the main parameter, but the minor parameters are not filtered, and a good hardware stability would certainly be helpful.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:51 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

I just could not make it work properly with my SB Audigy, running on KX Drivers. It was off 4 times just by switching range... But, with built in SoundMax, works like a charm, quite consistent. If I measure 3.3uF with 100 ohm then switch to 1000 ohm with same DUT, it's off by 0.02uF; but, that could be due to measurement resistor tolerance, so I ordered some 0.01% resistors to replace 1% ones. I wonder how much they influence overall accuracy...

I cannot compare to any stock meter, but it seems to be quite accurate. Finally a good, working and cheap LCR meter
Old 12th September 2010, 11:50 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Must be lots of interest in this one. The site was quite slow a while ago.

I slapped together an L meter for speaker range inductances. Not nearly the same league as this, but it fits in a tiny box somewhere near your DVM.

I got the idea from here:

Inductance Meter Circuit | Circuit Diagram

The "major" drawback is the test frequency and waveshape, but can probably get you within of a few percent of the number you want in any case. Pretty easily 1% if you're winding or modifying air core inductors.

The inverters can all be from one hex package, they're only different because I don't always use ltspice right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard03.jpg (181.8 KB, 707 views)

Last edited by Andrew Eckhardt; 12th September 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:29 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Oh. If anyone wanted to build that, I used 22uF for the real output filter. The little cap was just so the simulation would settle fast enough on my free computer.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:15 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Here is another DVM adapter for inductance. It's slightly more complex, but has a resolution of 10nH, can have up to 6 ranges, and has a decent rejection of minor parameters (mainly series resistance):
[En cours]Inductancemètre: la version jouet - Forum Projets électroniques
Old 14th September 2010, 03:58 PM   #20
pjp is offline pjp  India
diyAudio Member

Hi Elvee, if there are no copyright issues, could you please attach the pdf from your link here ?

That forum requires registration to view the pdf, and the registration page is in french (and I don't know french).

Hide this!Advertise here!