Good Spice + Schematic Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone

This beginner needs advice

I am on the prowl for a software that has both spice simulation and schematic drawing all combined as one family. So far I've been advised to get Eagle. But I see it doesn't do SPICE Simulations ( :( ) just schematic design drawing. However I see B2 Spice can be integrated with some versions of eagle.

But I would rather that one software had both integrated within in. So I need feedback.

P.S: If I am completely wrong about eagle, please correct me.

Another question

Do all designers generally build there circuits on SPICE software? And how do they integrate the micro-controllers they are using into the SPICE software if they go digital?

I am just a soldering assembler where i work. The head engineers do design work and use Atmel Micro-controllers and use AVR Studios to program and compile into the micro-controller. But I don't understand how they then integrate that micro-controller into the full circuit which is then developed.

Somehow they go from AVR Studios to Eagle for PCB layout. I am completely missing the part where they actually do circuit simulation. :confused:

And I'm too nervous to ask them.

its usually only really big projects or mixed signal integrated circuit development teams that can afford the extra engineers, pricey tools, time investment and get any benefit from full digital+analog simulation

in smaller mixed analog and digital circuit board level projects its common to just sim analog parts as separate pieces - maybe with "digital" sources - but with a fixed digital pattern waveform driving the analog circuit - not with a full simulation/emulation of the microprocessor and software

I find LTspice powerful enough that I haven't pushed for a integrated eda suite at work - sim analog sub circuits in LTspice, re-enter the schematic in the layout tool - the microprocessor circuitry never gets simmed - usually any significant programming effort takes several times longer than all of the analog circuit design/prototype/layout/debug steps combined

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.